How to prevent buying of votes in computer elections
- 208 Downloads
We present a new voting scheme. Our scheme is the first one which satisfies both of the following properties: each voter can check that her voting strategy is counted correctly but she cannot prove the voting strategy to anybody except the full coalition of all interest groups involved in the voting. The latter property means that buying of votes is not possible, since the potential buyer does not know whether she gets what she is paying for!
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Benaloh: Verifiable secret-ballot elections, Ph.D. thesis, Yale university, Technical report 561, (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Chaum: Untraceable electronic mail, return address, and digital pseudonyms, Comm. of ACM, 24 (1981), pp. 84–88.Google Scholar
- 3.D. Chaum: Zero-knowledge undeniable signatures, Proc. EUROCRYPT '90, Springer LNCS 473, (1991), pp. 458–464.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Chaum, I. Damgård, J. van de Graaf: Multiparty computations ensuring privacy of each party's input and correctness of the result, Proc. CRYPTO '87, Springer LNCS 293 (1988), pp. 87–119.Google Scholar
- 5.T. El Gamal: A public key cryptosystem and signature scheme based on discrete logarithms, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory IT-31 (1985), pp. 469–473.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Iversen: A cryptographic scheme for computerized general elections, Proc. CRYPTO '91, Springer LNCS 576 (1992), pp. 405–419.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Niemi, A. Renvall: Cryptographic protocols and voting, Proc. Results and Trends in Theoretical Computer Science, Springer LNCS 812 (1994), pp. 307–316.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Nurmi, A. Salomaa, L. Santean: Secret ballot elections in computer networks, Computers and Security 10 (1991), pp. 553–560.Google Scholar
- 9.C. Park, K. Itoh, K. Kurosawa: Efficient anonymous channel and all/nothing election scheme, Proc. EUROCRYPT '93, Springer LNCS 765 (1994), pp. 248–259.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Salomaa: Public-Key Cryptography, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1990.Google Scholar