Study the Effect of Divergent Section on Solar Chimney Performance
- 55 Downloads
This chapter mainly discusses the divergent and convergent section effect on solar chimney performances. Several experiments were conducted for different heights of solar chimney models, and the results are discussed in this chapter. CAD software was used to design the solar chimney, and dimensional equations were used to achieve the proper dimensions of the solar chimney model. The fabrication process of the model chimneys also explained, along with the limitation that involved during the process. Also, data acquisition instrumentation and experimental procedure were described in detail along with the equations used for the analysis of the experimental. At the end of this chapter, the experimental results were concluded, and a set of recommendations was proposed.
- Ahirwar, J., & Sharma, P. P. (2019). Analyzing the effect of solar chimney power plant by varying chimney height. Collector Slope and Chimney Diverging Angle, 6(7), 213–219.Google Scholar
- Al-Azawiey, S. S., Al-Kayiem, H. H., & Hassan, S. B. (2017). On the influence of collector size on the solar chimneys performance. MATEC Web of Conferences, 131. https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201713102011.
- Cengel, Y. (2014). Heat and mass transfer: Fundamentals and applications. McGraw-Hill Higher Education.Google Scholar
- Chakrabarti, S. K. (2005). Physical modelling of offshore structures. In Handbook of offshore engineering (pp. 1001–1054). Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-08-044381-2.50020-5.
- Das, P., & Chandramohan, V. P. (2020). 3D numerical study on estimating flow and performance parameters of solar updraft tower (SUT) plant: Impact of divergent angle of chimney, ambient temperature, solar flux and turbine efficiency. Journal of Cleaner Production, 256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.120353.
- Houghton, E. L. (2012). Aerodynamics for engineering students. [electronic resource]. Scribbr http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=cat00164a&AN=cran.579071&site=eds-live%5Cnhttp://www.cranfield.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=879862.
- Houghton, E. L., & Carruthers, N. B. (1982). Aerodynamics for engineering students (3rd ed.).Google Scholar
- Hu, S., & Leung, D. Y. C. (2017). Mathematical modelling of the performance of a solar chimney power plant with divergent chimneys. Energy Procedia, 110, 440–445. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2017.03.166.
- Idelchik, I. E. (1987). Handbook of hydraulic resistance (2nd ed.). Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 109(2), 260–261. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3264907.
- Jörg, O., & Scorer, R. S. (1967). An experimental study of cold inflow into chimneys. Atmospheric Environment, 1(6), 645–654.Google Scholar
- Moore, F. K., & Garde, M. A. (1983). Aerodynamic losses of highly flared natural draft cooling towers. In Third Waste Heat Management and Utilization Conference (pp. 221–223).Google Scholar
- Petrus, J. (2007). Optimization and control of a large-scale solar chimney power plant by. Mechanical Engineering.Google Scholar
- Schlaich, J. (1995). The solar chimney: electricity from the sun. Edition Axel Menges. Scribbr https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=CVy6Nh57MdMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA6&dq=Schlaich+J.+The+solar+chimney:+electricity+from+the+sun.+Geislingen:+Maurer+C%3B1995.+pp.+55.&ots=mrrDMe8RKF&sig=-kXdZEPerHLwaFaSmz5_stkOIRE.