Advertising: A New Visual World (Re-Conceptualization of Advertising Through Creative Design)
- 112 Downloads
We live in a time that demands more creativity in all spheres of life and business, so creativity is imperative and necessity of the twenty-first century. In this chapter, the author argues the thesis according to which the advertisements and branding directed “not more only on product/service, but also in the wider context of the identity of an institution, company, brand or product, or even further—to its very existence and transformation in time.” (Golub, in Exhibition by Boris Ljubičić: The singularity of plural—Symbol, sign, logo, brand, 2018) The author in this chapter explores the questions: What is the point of transforming creative forms of advertising versus traditional ones? What are some new ways of celebrity endorsement in advertising? What are the specifics of creative advertising in the areas of: products/services—corporate identity—creating the logo of the brand? Do advertisements nudge consumers to a positive experience? Are creative experiments better than traditional ones? (creativity vs. traditional) Do they impress upon the brain differently? Through a qualitative analysis of some mostly award-winning, internationally relevant design projects in creative advertising, the author presents (new) conceptualizations of these projects, but also explores the emotions that these innovative/experimental forms of advertising seek to produce.
The author gratefully acknowledges for the kind permission to: “Adris Grupa d.d.” Rovinj—Croatia, “Bruketa&Žinić&Grey d.o.o.” Zagreb—Croatia, Muzej suvremene umjetnosti Istre/Museum of Contemporary Art of lstria, Pula—Croatia, “Studio Sonda” Vižinada—Croatia
- Art Deco. (2011). Documentary film, director and screenwriter Sirotić, G., production by HRT (Croatian Radio Television).Google Scholar
- Bakucs, Z. L., Ferto, I., & Szabo, G. (2010). Institutions in transition—Challenges for new modes of governance (pp. 3–5). Germany: IAMO Forum.Google Scholar
- Bergkvist, L., & Qiang Zhou, K. (2016). Celebrity endorsements: A literature review and research agenda. International Journal of Advertising, 35(4), 642–663. https://doi.org/10.1080/02650487.2015.1137537.
- Bruketa&Žinić&Grey d.o.o., offical website: https://bruketa-zinic.com. Accessed February 3, 2020.Google Scholar
- Chabrol, J. B., & Furrer, O. (chair). (2014–2015). Marketing de guérilla: Analyse et recherche sur un sujet souvent utilisé mais peu délimité, Travail de Bachelor. Université de Fribourg, Chaire de Marketing.Google Scholar
- Chung, C., & Austria, K. (2010). Social media gratification and attitude toward social media marketing messages: A study of the effect of social media marketing messages on online shopping value. In Proceedings of the Northeast Business & Economics Association (pp. 581–586).Google Scholar
- Convinceandconvert.com. https://www.convinceandconvert.com/digital-marketing/influence-marketing-differs-from-celebrity-endorsement/. Accessed February 3, 2020.
- Dibb, S., Simkin, L., Pride, W. M., & Ferrell, O. C. (1995). Marketing—europsko izdanje. Zagreb: MATE d.o.o.Google Scholar
- Drell, L. (2011). Inbound marketing vs. outbound marketing (INFOGRAPHIC) October 30, 2011, Mashable (online). https://mashable.com/2011/10/30/inbound-outbound-marketing/?europe=true. Accessed February 1, 2020.
- Exhibition. On the power of creativity (images). In M. Golub, & K. Milićević Mijošek, (Eds.) organized by HDD (CDA) & MSU Istre (MCA of Istria), in collaboration with Studio Sonda.Google Scholar
- Glas Istre: Web stranica. https://www.glasistre.hr/kultura/u-muzeju-suvremene-umjetnosti-istre-o-moci-kreativnosti-studija-sonda-od-petka-u-puli-597609. Accessed February 3, 2020.
- Golub, M. (2018). In Exhibition by Boris Ljubičić: The singularity of plural—Symbol, sign, logo, brand. https://www.media-marketing.com/en/news/exhibition-by-boris-ljubicic-the-singularity-of-plural-symbol-sign-logo-brand/. Accessed February 3, 2020.
- Henrich, J., Boyd, R., Bowles, S., Camerer, C., Fehr, E., Gintis, H. & McElreath, R. (2001). In search of homo economicus: Behavioral experiments in 15 small-scale societies. The American Economic Review, 91(2), 73–78. Available in: https://www.umass.edu/preferen/gintis/Anthro%20AER%202001.pdf. Accessed April 17, 2020.
- Huang, E. (2008). Use and gratification in e-consumers. Internet Research, 18(4), 405–426. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662240810897817.
- Hrastovčak, T. (2015) Top 5: Poznati i slavni u reklamama. https://planb.hr/top-5-poznati-i-slavni-u-reklamama/. Accessed April 17 2020.
- In P. Grubić (Ed.), Jedna hrvatska priča—Una storia croata—The one Croatian story. (2019). Rovinj: Adris grupa d. d. & Bruketa&Žinić&Grey d.o.o.Google Scholar
- Kapferer, J. N. (1992). Strategic brand management: New approaches to creating and evaluating brand equity. Kogan Page.Google Scholar
- Krajnović, A., Sikirić, D., & Jašić, D. (2012). Neuromarketing and customers’ Free Will. In D. Gomezelj Omerznel, B. Nastav, & S. Sedmak, (Eds.), MIC 2012: Managing Transformation with Creativity; Proceedings of the 13th International Conference, Budapest, 22–24 November 2012 (pp. 1143–1163). Koper: University of Primorska, Faculty of Management, Koper; Budapest: Corvinus University of Budapest.Google Scholar
- Krajnović, A., Sikirić, D., & Bosna, J. (2018). Digital marketing and behaviorial economics. CroDiM—International Journal of Marketing Science—The International Scientific and Professional Journal, 1(1), 33–46.Google Scholar
- Krajnović, A., Sikirić, D., & Hordov, M. (2019). Digitalni marketing—nova era tržišne komunikacije. Zadar: University of Zadar.Google Scholar
- Kotler, P., Wong, V., Saunders, J., & Armstrong, G. (2006). Fundamentals of marketing—4th (European). Zagreb: MATE d.o.o.Google Scholar
- Kotler, P. & Keller, K. L. (2008), Upravljanje marketingom, dvanaesto izdanje, Zagreb: MATE d.o.o.Google Scholar
- Medianews4u.com. https://www.medianews4u.com/impact-of-celebrity-endorsement-on-brands-marketing-campaigns/. Accessed February 3, 2020.
- Mrduljaš, M. (2019). Jedna hrvatska priča. In P. Grubić, (Ed.), Jedna hrvatska priča—Una storia croata—The One Croatian story. Rovinj: Adris grupa d.d. & Bruketa&Žinić&Grey d.o.o.Google Scholar
- Navas-Loro, M., Rodríguez-Doncel, V., Santana-Perez, I., & Sánchez, A. (2017). Spanish Corpus for sentiment analysis towards brands. In A. Karpov, R. Potapova, & I. Mporas (Eds.), Speech and computer. SPECOM 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 10458. Cham: SpringerGoogle Scholar
- O'Donohoe, S. (1994). Advertising uses and gratifications. European Journal of Marketing, 28(8–9), 52–75(24). https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569410145706.
- O’Donoghue, T., & Rabin, M. (2000). The economics of immediate gratification. Journal Behaviorial Decision Making, 13, 233–250. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0771(200004/06)13:2%3c233::AID-BDM325%3e3.0.CO;2-U.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Pavlović, S. (2019). Korištenje slavnih osoba u oglašavanju i njihova uloga u stvaranju lojalnosti marki, Master's thesis / Diplomski rad, University North, Varaždin, Hrvatska / CroatiaGoogle Scholar
- Rifkin, J. (2005). Doba pristupa—Nova kultura hiperkapitalizma u kojoj je cijeli život iskustvo za koje se plaća. Zagreb: Bulaja.Google Scholar
- Studio Sonda (2020) https://sonda.hr Accessed April 17, 2020.
- Schull. (2008). Decision and preference in Neuromarketing. Neuroscience and Society. http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/science-technology-and-society/sts-010-neuroscience-andsociety-spring-2010/assignments/MITSTS_010S10_paper4_js2.pdf. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- Sheth, J., & Parvatiyar, A. (1995). The evolution of relationship marketing. International Business Review.Google Scholar
- Sikirić, D. (2011). Neuromarketing i slobodna volja potrošača. Final paper, Zadar: University of Zadar.Google Scholar
- Stroe, M. A., & Iliescu, E. M. (2014). Interdisciplinary perspectives on individual consumption decision, challenges of the knowledge society. In Economics (pp. 579–585). Bucharest: Titulescu University Editorial House. Available online: https://search.proquest.com/openview/4ccf534feba015f0e887fe1151399844/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=2036059. Accessed February 01, 2020.
- Swaim, W.R., (2013). Peter Drucker on Sales and Marketing https://www.processexcellencenetwork.com/innovation/columns/peter-drucker-on-sales-and-marketing#:~:text=Drucker%20on%20Selling%20and%20Marketing&text=In%20Management%20(1973)%2C%20he,fits%20him%20and%20sells%20itself.%22. Accessed April 17 2020.
- Teck, H., Lim, N., & Camerer, F. (2006). Modeling the psychology of consumer and firm behavior with behavioral economics. Journal of Marketing Research, 43(3), 307331.Google Scholar
- Wieckowski, A. G. (2019). When neuromarketing crosses the line, January 23, 2019. Harvard Business Review (online). https://hbr.org/2019/01/when-neuromarketing-crosses-the-line. Accessed February 1, 2020.
- Zaušková, A., Grib, L., Hliboký, M., & Kyselica, P. (2016). Innovative use of marketing communication tools in promoting pilgrimage sites. European Journal of Science and Theology, 12(1), 223–230.Google Scholar