Parameter-Orientated Functional Modeling Method Based on Flight Process
- 108 Downloads
The system function execution intimately couples with the flight process, which is regarded as a critical factor to evaluate the system design comprehensively and precisely. Intending to establish the flight process-oriented functional model, this paper proposed a functional modeling method centering on parameter relationships, establishing the functional architecture of the system in multiple scenarios from the perspective of the flight process. Foremost, the functions of aircraft systems are categorized according to the application, then the system functional blocks of each category are further decomposed, with functional parameters and performance parameters embedded respectively. Progressively, the function completion status is constrained through the functional parameter relationships considering the dimensions of control demand, input parameters, physical components, etc., as well as the logic gates setting forth configuration relevance, and the specific blocks regarding the flight scenario collectively., rendering a comprehensive system-level functional architecture. The paper modeled the concrete functional flows of typical avionics systems, and evaluated functional completion status in various scenarios via Enterprise Architect, verified the efficiency and correctness of the method. The method facilitates the combination of the function model with the flight process, which is capable of measuring the rationality of the functional mechanism from an overall perspective in the early development stage.
KeywordsModel based system engineering Functional modeling Flight process SysML
The project is supported by National Program on Key Basic Research Project (2014CB744903), National Natural Science Foundation of China (61673270), New Young Teachers Launch Program of Shanghai Jiaotong University (20X100040036), Shanghai Pujiang Program (16PJD028), Shanghai Industrial Strengthening Project (GYQJ-2017-5-08), Shanghai Science and Technology Committee Research Project (17DZ1204304) and Shanghai Engineering Research Center of Civil Aircraft Flight Testing.
- 1.Kitamura Y, Kashiwase M (2004) Masayoshi fuse: deployment of an ontological framework of functional design knowledge. Adv Eng Informat 18(2):115–127Google Scholar
- 2.Erden MS, Komoto H, Van Beek TJ et al (2008) A review of function modeling: approaches and applications. AI EDAM 22(02)Google Scholar
- 3.Komoto H, Tomiyama T (2011) A theory of decomposition in system architecting. Proc Int Conf Eng Des. Technical University of DenmarkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Ulrich KT, Eppinger SD (2003) Product design and development, 3rd edn. McGraw-Hill/Irwin, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 6.Pahl G, Beitz W, Feldhusen J, Grote KH (2007) Engineering design: a systematic approach, 3rd ed Springer, London. Tomiyama T (2016) Function allocation theory for creative design. Proc CIRP 50:210–215Google Scholar
- 7.Hoffmann H-P (2011) Systems engineering best practices with the rational solution for systems and software engineering. IBM Corporation, Somers NYGoogle Scholar
- 8.Friedenthal S, Moore A, Steiner R (2008) A practical guide to SysML: the systems modeling language. Kaufmann, Burlington, VTGoogle Scholar
- 9.Fisher J (1988) Model-based systems engineering: a new paradigm. OR Insight 1(3):1502–1644Google Scholar
- 12.Yildirim U (2015) Function modelling of complex multidisciplinary systems: development of a system state flow diagram methodology for function decomposition of complex multidisciplinary systems. Ph.D. Thesis University of BradfordGoogle Scholar