Influence and Correction of Satellite Phase Center Offsets for RNSS Performance of BDS-3
- 108 Downloads
BDS-3 provides three kinds of Radio Navigation Satellite Services (RNSS), including primary Positioning Navigation and Timing (PNT), Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) and Precise Point Positioning (PPP). Satellite phase center offsets are important error sources for service performance. Misalignments of frequency-dependent phase centers decrease the service performance further. Therefore, approaches accounting for satellite phase center offsets and the misalignments are prerequisite for satisfactory service performance. Phase center offsets induced errors on ranging and positioning accuracy are analyzed. Different feasible approaches accounting for phase center offsets are presented with reached accuracy. Finally, optimal approaches accounting for the phase center offsets are concluded for all the kinds of RNSS services with real measurements.
KeywordsBDS Satellite phase center offsets Satellite based augmentation system Precise point positioning Total group delay
The project is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 42074044, 41874039, and 41804030).
- 1.Development of the BeiDou navigation satellite system (Version 4.0). China Satellite Navigation Office, Dec 2019Google Scholar
- 2.BeiDou navigation satellite system open service performance standard (Version 2.0). China Satellite Navigation Office, Dec 2018Google Scholar
- 3.SBAS IWG (2016) Satellite-based augmentation system dual-frequency multi-constellation definition document. SBAS IWG 31, Senegal, 29 Nov–1 Dec 2016Google Scholar
- 4.SBAS IWG (2016) SBAS L5 DFMC interface control. In: SBAS IWG 31, Senegal, 29 Nov–1 Dec 2016Google Scholar
- 6.Guo S, Cai H, Meng Y et al (2019) BDS-3 RNSS technical characteristics and service performance. Acta Geod Cartograph Sin 48(7):810–821 (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- 9.Dilssner F, Springer T, Schönemann E et al (2014) Estimation of satellite antenna phase center corrections for BeiDou. In: IGS workshop, pp 23–27. MLAGoogle Scholar
- 10.Bertiger W, Bar-Sever Y, Harvey NK et al (2010) Next generation GPS ground control segment (OCX) navigation design. In: Institute of navigation GNSS meeting, Portland, OR, Sept 2010Google Scholar
- 11.Dow JM, Neilan RE, Rizos C (2009) The international GNSS service: in a changing landscape of global navigation satellite systems. J Geod 83:191–198Google Scholar
- 13.Schutz B, Tapley B, Born GH (2004) Statistical orbit determination. ElsevierGoogle Scholar
- 14.Cui X, Jiao W, Jia X et al (2004) The fitting algorithm of GPS broadcast ephemeris parameters. J Inst Surv Map (J Geomatics Sci Technol) 21(4):244–246 (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar