Rainwater Harvesting for Domestic Supply
- 1.3k Downloads
For most rainwater catchment systems, the storage tank represents the single greatest cost, especially for roof tanks where an existing roof structure in effect provides a free catchment area. The choice of a suitable tank design to match an existing catchment and local conditions is important, and careful consideration should be given to selecting the right one.
KeywordsRainwater tank design Rainwater demand Rainwater supply First flush devices
- Cunliffe D. Guidance on the use of rainwater tanks, National Environmental Health Forum Monographs, Water Series 3, Public and Environmental Health Service, Department of Human Services, P.O. Box 6, Rundle Mall SA 5000, Australia, 1998.Google Scholar
- Finch H. Development of the guttersnipe. In: Proceedings of the Tokyo international rainwater utilization conference. Sumida City, Tokyo, Japan, 1994. pp. 360–366.Google Scholar
- Gould J, Nissen-Petersen E. Rainwater catchment systems for domestic water supply: design, construction and implementation. London: IT Publications; 1999. 300p.Google Scholar
- Haebler RH, Waller DH. Water of rainwater collection systems in the Eastern Caribbean. In: Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on rain water cistern systems, Khon Kaen University, Thailand, 1987. F2, pp. 1–16.Google Scholar
- Hasse R. Rainwater reservoirs above ground structures for roof catchment. Germany: Gate, Vieweg, Braunschweig/Wiesbaden; 1989 102p.Google Scholar
- Latham B, Gould J. Lessons and field experience with rainwater collection systems in Africa and Asia. Aqua. 1986;4:183–9.Google Scholar
- Lee MD, Visscher JT. Water Harvesting: a guide for planners and project managers. Technical Series Paper 30, IRC PO Box 93190, The Hague, Netherlands, 1992. 106p.Google Scholar
- Nissen-Petersen E. How to build and install gutters with splash guards, a phot manual, ASAL Consultants/DANIDA, Kenya. www.morewaterforaridlands.org; 1992.
- Ree W. Rooftop runoff for water supply, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Report, ARS-S-133, Agricultural Research Service, US Dept. of Agriculture, 1976. 10p.Google Scholar
- Skinner B. Community rainwater catchment. Unpublished Report, Water Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC), Loughborough University, UK, 1990. 109p.Google Scholar
- Zhu Q, Liu C. Rainwater utilization for sustainable development of water resources in China. Paper presented at the Stockholm Water International Symposium, Stockholm, Sweden, 1998. 8p.Google Scholar