Entrepreneurial Innovation and Performance in Forestry
Farmers have been fully motivated and their attitude and recognition to entrepreneurship have been strengthened with the reform of collective forest right in the forest zone in China in recent years. It has important significance to encourage farmers to take part in entrepreneurial activities in the forest zone in China, and it requires farmers, related companies, and government work together to improve the performance of entrepreneurship. This chapter tests the relationships of innovation consciousness, proactiveness, risk taking, and performance of farmers with an investigation data and then builds cooperation mechanism of forest farmers and companies. The empirical results show that consciousness and proactiveness have positive influence to the performance of farmers, and risk taking has no influence to the performance of farmers. And then, this chapter builds a contingent mechanism between firms and farmers consisting of two mechanisms: control right mechanism and overlook mechanism. The control right mechanism refers to whether a party has the right to make decision and the overlook mechanism refers to effectively reducing the organizer’s private profit. Based on the empirical results, with circumstances of China and the cooperation mechanism which this chapter built, this chapter analyzes the entrepreneurial activities of farmers and the link of the cooperation with companies and gives some suggestions on improving the performance of farmers and the efficiency of the cooperation of farmers and companies. At the same time, this chapter analyzes the function of government and gives suggestion that farmers should choose entrepreneurial projects which the government supports because the government provides interest-free loans, technology service, etc. to these projects usually.
KeywordsFarmer Innovation and entrepreneurship Contingent mechanism Cooperation mechanism Function of government
This study was supported by the National Social Science Fund (13CGL089), the Doctoral Fund of Ministry of Education of China (20120014120020), and the Ministry of Education of China Humanities and Social Sciences Project (12YJC790221).
- Beaydoin J-M, Lebel L, Bouthiller L (2011) Agricultural and forestry entrepreneurship: learning from the experience of an Aboriginal community in Canada. In: Handbook of research on entrepreneurship in agriculture and rural development. Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, pp 281–318Google Scholar
- Cao Xiangqian. Operating with forest right, win-win of farmers and company. Zigong daily, 2014-09-03Google Scholar
- Micheels ET, Gow HR (2008) Market orientation, innovation and entrepreneurship: an empirical examination of the Illinois beef industry. Int Food Agribus Manage Rev 11(3):31–56Google Scholar
- Shen Yingying. Analysis of the effect of red bayberry economy – take Xianju as examples [N]. Internet fortune, 2010-08-08(B15). (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Thompson ER (2009) Individual entrepreneurial intent: construct clarification and development of an internationally reliable metric [J]. Enterp Theory Pract 5(1):1042–2587Google Scholar
- Wang Xiaohuan. The investigation of entrepreneurship of Jianshan Xin zone of Haining, Zhejiang [J]. Green China, 2011, (20):69–73. (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- Xue Yongji, Jia wei (2012) Mechanism and path of forest farmers’ cluster venture [J]. J Beijing For Univ (Soc Sci) 11(3):78–82. (In Chinese)Google Scholar