Telehealth Monitoring System
- 282 Downloads
Urban health care is well developed in India; however, rural areas still lack in basic medical facilities such as those for monitoring ECG, pulse rate and ENT examinations that are very essential. To overcome this drawback of lack of accessibility of optimum quality health care in rural areas, a telehealth monitoring system has been developed. It can measure basic medical parameters of a patient and store the same on a database, where the patient history can be stored as well as analyzed for future reference. Consequently, the patient can receive the necessary recommendations and this system can provide simplified, cost-effective healthcare access to all. The applications are not just limited to rural health care but can also be extended to other areas where medical connectivity is essential, such as military and battlefield health care, assisted home health care, emergency consultation and distance education to medical interns.
KeywordsGraphical user interface Processing software ZigBee protocol Medical records Health services
The authors would like to thank Mr. Ashim Purohit, Business Consultant, Director-Advisory Board at AGD, Chairman-Advisory Board, India, at ChemoTech, for his invaluable guidance and support throughout the course of this project.
- 1.Anand S, Fan, V (2016) The health workforce in India. In: Human resources for health observer series No. 16, World Health OrganisationGoogle Scholar
- 2.Gifari MW, Zakaria H, Mengko R (2015) Design of ECG homecare:12-lead ECG acquisition using single channel ECG device developed on AD8232 analog front end. In: The 5th international conference on electrical engineering and informatics, pp 361–367Google Scholar
- 3.Chowdhury MH, Hossain QD, Saha P, Rahaman MdM (2016) Design, fabrication and performance evaluation of a three electrode ECG recorder. In: International conference on innovations in science, engineering and technology, IEEE Xplore. https://doi.org/10.1109/iciset.2016.7856500
- 4.Apostu O, Hagiu B, Paşca S (2011) Wireless ECG monitoring and alarm system using ZigBee. In: Advanced topics in electrical engineering (ATEE), 7th international symposium on advanced topics in electrical engineering, IEEE XploreGoogle Scholar
- 5.Gao T, Greenspan D, Welsh M, Juang RR, Alm A (2005) Vital signs monitoring and patient tracking over a wireless network. In: 2005 IEEE engineering in medicine and biology 27th annual conference, IEEE Xplore, pp 102–105. https://doi.org/10.1109/iembs.2005.1616352
- 6.Nagarkar A, Kakatkar MN (2013) ZigBee based wireless patient monitoring. Int J Sci Eng Technol Res (IJSETR) 2(2):304–308. ISSN: 2278-7798Google Scholar
- 7.Nichani AV, Pistolwala ST, Deshmukh AA, Godse MJ (2017) Telemedicine: making healthcare accessible. In: Proceedings of ICWiCOM, 19th–20th Jan 2018, Mumbai, India. Lecture notes on data engineering and communications technologies, pp 255–263. eBook ISBN: 978-981-10-8339-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-8339-6Google Scholar
- 8.Nichani AV, Pistolwala ST, Deshmukh AA, Godse MJ (2018) Portable healthcare device. Accepted for publication. In: Proceedings of DJ Spark, pp 36–39 ISBN: 978-93-86724-75-5Google Scholar
- 9.Hampton JR, The ECG made easy eighth editionGoogle Scholar