Introduction to the Study
- 337 Downloads
This chapter aims to provide a brief outline of the research presented in this monograph. It provides a brief background of corporate risk management process and a conceptual framework of risk management. It also highlights the regulatory stance on risk measurement, disclosure and governance. Additionally, the chapter also describes the objectives, scope, need, significance of the study, research methodology (in brief) and the chapter plan of the research.
KeywordsCorporate risk Risk management Risk measures Risk disclosure Risk governance
- Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO). (2012). Risk assessment in practice. Retrieved from https://www.coso.org/…/COSO-ERM-Risk-Assessment-in-Practice-Thought-Paper-Oct.
- Gillan, S., & Starks, L. T. (1998). A survey of shareholder activism: Motivation and empirical evidence. Journal of Financial Economics, 57(1), 275–305.Google Scholar
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). (2016). Institute of chartered accountants of India. Various Publications. www.icai.org/new_category.html?c_id=362.
- International Finance Corporation. (2012). When do companies need a board level risk management committee? Retrieved from www.ifc.org/wps/wcm/connect/…/PSO%2B31.pdf?MOD=AJPERES.
- Merna, T., & Al-Thani, F. (2008). Corporate risk management (2nd ed.). West Sussex: Wiley.Google Scholar