Bayesian Network Analysis of Explosion Events at Petrol Stations
- 253 Downloads
This chapter illustrates a Bayesian-network-based quantitative risk analysis method for VCE accidents at small oil and gas facilities, such as petrol stations. Meanwhile, to reduce uncertainties by data shortage, three types of data, i.e. practical information, computational simulations and subjective judgements are introduced to quantify the proposed BN. A case study using the proposed method to model the complete explosion process is presented.
- AcuTech Consulting Group. (2014). A risk analysis/hazard assessment of high ethanol content fuels at service station, CRC Project No. CM-138-12-1, Alpharetta, GA, USA.Google Scholar
- Technologies, A. R. I. A. (2009). Petrol station accidents France, 1958–2007. France: Boulogne-Billancourt.Google Scholar
- Asia-Plus. (2016). http://news.tj/en/news/one-killed-17-injured-fuel-station-explosion-khatlon.
- Asumadu-Sarkodie, S., Owusu, P. A., & Rufangura, P. (2015). Impact analysis of flood in Accra, Ghana. Advances in Applied Science Research, 6(9), 53–78.Google Scholar
- BBC News. (2015). http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-31696144.
- Daily Post. (2016). http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/24/fire-guts-nnpc-petrol-station-in-kaduna-kills-three/.
- Department of Minerals and Energy. (1996; 1998–2000). Explosives and Dangerous Goods Act 1961 summary of accident reports 1996; 1998–2000. Government of Western Australia, Australia. Google Scholar
- Department of Consumer and Employment Protection. (2000; 2002; 2004; 2006). Dangerous good incidents logs 2000; 2002; 2004; 2006. Australia: Government of Western Australia.Google Scholar
- Department of Mines and Petroleum. (2008). Overview of dangerous goods incident reports 2008. Australia: Government of Western Australia.Google Scholar
- Department of Mines and Petroleum. (2009a). Overview of dangerous goods incident reports 2009. Australia: Government of Western Australia.Google Scholar
- Department of Mines and Petroleum. (2009b). Fuel tanker fire at Maddington 15 May 2009. Australia: Government of Western Australia.Google Scholar
- Department of Mines and Petroleum. (2010). Overview of dangerous goods incident reports 2010. Australia: Government of Western Australia.Google Scholar
- Department of Mines and Petroleum. (2011–2015). Overview of dangerous goods reportable situations and incidents 2011. Government of Western Australia, Australia.Google Scholar
- Dnv, G. L. (2016). PHAST tutorial manual. London, UK: DNV GL software.Google Scholar
- Evarts, B. (2011). Fires at U.S. service stations, National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, MA, USA.Google Scholar
- Federal Emergency Management Agency. (1990). Handbook of chemical hazard analysis procedures. USA: Department of Transportaion.Google Scholar
- HSE. (2015). Offshore Statistics & Regulatory Activity Report 2015. United Kingdom: Health and Safety Executive.Google Scholar
- Lobato, J., Rodríguez, J., Jiménez, C., Llanos, J., Nieto-Márquez, A., & Inarejos, A. (2009). Consequence analysis of an explosion by simple models: Texas refinery gasoline explosion case. Afinidad, 66(543), 372–279.Google Scholar
- Nielsen, T. D., & Jensen, F. V. (2009). Bayesian networks and decision graphs. Springer Science & Business Media.Google Scholar
- RT News. (2016). https://www.rt.com/news/336152-gas-station-blast-russia/.
- Times of Oman. (2015). http://timesofoman.com/article/58379/Oman/Environment/Fire-at-petrol-station-in-Oman.
- Uijt, P., & Ale, B. (2005). Guidelines for quantitative risk assessment. VROM: Ministerie van Verkeer en Waterstaat.Google Scholar
- Van Wingerden, K., Van Den Berg, B., Van Leeuwen, D., Mercx, P., & Van Wees, R. (1994). Guidelines for Evaluating the Characteristics of Vapor Cloud Explosions, Flash Fires, and BLEVES. Center for Chemical Process Safety, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, ISBN 0-8169-0474-x, New York, NY.Google Scholar