Development of Smart Textiles for Medical Care
- 471 Downloads
The advent of electronic sensors and other developments has helped the textile technologists to develop smart/intelligent textiles. In the present study, a smart textile garment has been developed which can sense the heartbeat, body temperature and geographical position of the wearer. The software, developed under this project, sends information to the caregivers and relatives whenever these values cross the threshold limits, which has been fixed based on practical data.
KeywordsSmart textiles Intelligent textiles Global positioning system Conductive fabrics
The authors are thankful to the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India for kindly sponsoring the project. They are thankful to other colleagues from NITRA for helping us in performing the project activity.
- 2.Kirstein, I., Cottet, D., Grtyb, J., Troster, G.: Wearable computing systems—electronic textiles. Woodhead Publishing Ltd., England (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Anderson, K., Seyan, A.M.: The road to true wearable electronics. In: Proceedings of TI & 2nd World Textile Conference, The Textile Institute, Cairo, Egypt, Mar 2002Google Scholar
- 4.Lam Po Tang, S., Stylios, G.K.: An overview of smart technologies for clothing design & engineering. Int. J. Cloth Sci. Tech. 18, 108–129 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Cadenius, E., Gartvall, K.: Next generation of active underwear—implementing smart textiles & technologies. M.Sc. thesis, KTH Industrial Engineering & Management, Sweden (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Clim 8 TM: What’s the difference between “smart” and “intelligent clothing? https://www.myclim8.com/2016/12/08/whats-the-difference-between-smart-and-intelligent-clothing/. Accessed 23 Nov 2016