Exploring Connected Cars
Developments in technology have impacted the automobile industry on a large scale. Connected car is a major concept related to mobile technology and Internet of Things (IoT). This paper aims to elaborate this major concept emphasizing the factors of future mobility in human lives.
KeywordsAutomobiles Internet of Things Connected cars Mobility Technological convergence
- Ali, H. M., et al. (2015). Car accident detection and notification system using smartphone. International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, 4(4), 620–635.Google Scholar
- Byrne, D. M., & Corrado, C. A. (2015). Prices for communications equipment: Rewriting the record. Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-069. Washington: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. http://dx.doi.org/10.17016/FEDS.2015.069.
- Byrne, D. M., Oliner, S. D., & Sichel, D. E. (2017). How fast are semiconductor prices falling? Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-005. Washington: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. https://doi.org/10.17016/FEDS.2017.005.
- Clements, L. M., & Kockelman, K. M. (2017). Economic effects of automated vehicles. Transportation Research Record No. 2602.Google Scholar
- Howard, D., & Dai, D. (2013). Public perceptions of self-driving cars: The case of Berkeley, California. In: 93rd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board.Google Scholar
- Kim, M.-J., Jang, J.-W., & Yu, Y.-S. (2010, September). A study on in-vehicle diagnosis system using OBD-II with navigation. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 10(9).Google Scholar
- Nykvist, B., & Nilsson, M. (2015). Rapidly falling costs of battery packs for electric vehicles. Nature Climate Change, 5, 329–332.Google Scholar
- Wang, Y., Yang, J., Liu, H., Chen, Y., Gruteser, M., & Martin, R. P. (2013). Sensing vehicle dynamics for determining driver phone use. In Proceeding of the 11th Annual International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (pp. 41–54).Google Scholar