A Rateless Transmission Scheme for Underwater Acoustic Communication
In view of characteristics of channel parameters changing with time and space of underwater acoustic channel, a rateless transmission scheme for adaptive transmission over underwater acoustic channels is studied in this paper. The scheme utilizes the characteristics of LT coding without fixed coding rate, and the communication efficiency is further improved through single-carrier frequency-domain equalization. Simulation results show that the scheme we proposed can effectively reduce the computational complexity compared to the rateless coding system under classical time-domain equalization. With achieving the same reliable information transmission in the same underwater acoustic channel, the redundancy required by the proposed scheme is about 1/3 of the classical retransmission method, which improves the efficiency of information transmission.
KeywordsUnderwater acoustic channel Adaptive transmission Single-carrier frequency-domain equalization LT coding Redundancy
- 1.Youcef A, Laot C, Amis K. Adaptive frequency-domain equalization for underwater acoustic communications. In: OCEANS. Santander: IEEE; 2011. p. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 3.Byers JW, Luby M, Mitzenmacher M, et al. A digital fountain approach to reliable distribution of bulk data. In: Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 98 conference. New York: ACM; 1998. p. 56–67.Google Scholar
- 4.Luby M. LT codes. In: Proceedings of 43rd foundations of computer science. Vancouver: IEEE; 2002. p. 271–82.Google Scholar
- 5.Casari P, Rossi M, Zorzi M. Towards optimal broadcasting policies for HARQ based on fountain codes in underwater networks. In: Proceedings of wireless on demand network systems and services. Garmisch-Partenkirchen: IEEE; 2008. p. 11–9.Google Scholar
- 8.Yuan Z, Songtao X. Application of new LMS adaptive filtering algorithm with variable step size in adaptive echo cancellation. In: International conference on communication technology (ICCT). IEEE; 2017. p. 1715–19.Google Scholar