Non-uniform Sampling Scheme Based on Low-Rank Matrix Approximate for Sparse Photoacoustic Microscope System
Optical-resolution photoacoustic microscopy (OR-PAM) has rapidly emerging as tool for label-free morphology and function imaging of the microvasculature in vivo with a high resolution. However, it is difficult to achieve real-time imaging due to the limitation of data acquisition time. Therefore, a sparse PAM (SPAM) has been proposed to obtain a high-resolution PAM image with relatively low sampling density. In order to successfully set up a SPAM system, the two key problems that we need to keep focus on are designation of the compressive sampling scheme and the corresponding image recovery algorithm. Typically, a random uniform sampling scheme is adopted. In this paper, a non-uniform sampling scheme based on low-rank matrix approximate is proposed to replace the conventional point-by-point scanning scheme to implement fast data acquisition. The effectiveness of the proposed non-uniform scanning scheme is validated using both numerical analysis and PAM experiments. As compliments for SPAM system, the total sampling points are dramatically decreased for a relatively high-resolution PAM vascular image and to implement accelerated data acquisition. Thus, OR-PAM is of great potential to find board biomedical applications in the pathophysiology studies of tumor and treatments for anti-angiogenesis.
KeywordsTumor angiogenesis Optical-resolution photoacoustic microscopy Low-rank matrix approximate
This work is supported by Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No. 3132017127).
- 3.Lin R, Chen J, Wang H, et al. Longitudinal label-free optical-resolution photoacoustic microscopy of tumor angiogenesis in vivo. Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2015;5(1):23–9.Google Scholar
- 15.Liang D, Zhang HF, Ying L. Compressed sensing photoacoustic imaging based on random optical illumination. Int J Funct Inform Pers Med. 2009;2:394.Google Scholar
- 16.Liu X, Dong P, Wei G, Xibo M, Xin Y, Jie T. Compressed sensing photoacoustic imaging based on fast alternating direction algorithm. Int J Biomed Imaging. 2012;2012:1–8.Google Scholar
- 22.Wu Z, Wang Q, Liu J, Sun M, Shen Y. Compressive sensing theory based on edge expander graphs. Acta Autom Sin. 2014;12:2824–35.Google Scholar
- 23.Li W, Lei Z, Zhijie L, Duanqing X, Dongming L. Non-local image inpainting using low-rank matrix completion: non-local image inpainting using low-rank matrix completion. Comput Graph Forum. 2014;00:1–12.Google Scholar
- 24.Liu T, Sun M, Feng N, et al. Non-uniform sampling photoacoustic microscope system based on low rank matrix completion. In: Instrumentation & measurement technology conference. IEEE; 2016.Google Scholar