Study on Indoor Combined Positioning Method Based on TDOA and IMU
This paper studies an indoor positioning method combining wireless sensor network (WSN) and inertial navigation system (INS). Because the positioning error of INS increases with time, the long-term positioning accuracy is poor, so the combination uses the wireless sensor network to measure the distance between unknown node and base station by TDOA method. The dead-reckoning data of inertial measurement unit (IMU) and the distance information of TDOA method are transmitted to the processing terminal, and then the particle filter algorithm is used to smooth the data to obtain the position estimation. The cumulative positioning error of INS is corrected, and the non-line-of-sight (NLOS) error in TDOA positioning method is reduced. The experimental results show that compared with the single TDOA localization method, the accuracy of the combined positioning method is higher.
KeywordsIndoor positioning TDOA IMU Particle filter
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61601494.
- 1.Cruz O, Ramos E, Ramírez M. 3D indoor location and navigation system based on Bluetooth. In: 2011 21st international conference on electrical communications and computers (CONIELECOMP). IEEE; 2011.Google Scholar
- 2.Duan Z, Cai Z. Adaptive particle filter for unknown fault detection of wheeled mobile robots. In: Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE/RSJ international conference on intelligent robots and systems; 2006. p. 1312–15.Google Scholar
- 3.Hol JD, Dijkstra F, Luinge H. Tightly coupled UWB/IMU pose estimation. In: 2009 IEEE international conference on ultra-wideband; 2009. p. 688–92.Google Scholar
- 5.Hellmers H, Norrdine A, Blankenbach J. An IMU/magnetometer-based Indoor positioning system using Kalman filtering. In: Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN); 2013. p. 1–9.Google Scholar
- 6.Megalingam RK, Rajendran AP, Dileepkumar D. LARN: implementation of automatic navigation in indoor navigation for physically challenged. In 2012 annual IEEE India conference (INDICON). IEEE; 2012.Google Scholar