Indoor Visible Light Positioning and Tracking Method Using Kalman Filter
In order to improve the accuracy and tracking performance of the indoor positioning system based on visible light communication (VLC), an indoor positioning and tracking method is proposed in this paper. This method utilizes time difference of arrival (TDOA) solved by nonlinear least squares (NLLS) method to realize indoor positioning and uses Kalman filter to obtain the tracking capability. The performance of the proposed positioning method is evaluated in the room measuring 5 m × 5 m × 3 m. The simulation results show that the average location errors by adopting the NLLS method can reach to 2.99 cm and the accuracy of positioning can be promoted to 1.33 cm by using Kalman filter, the positioning accuracy increased by 55.52%.
KeywordsIndoor positioning Visible light communication Time difference of arrival Kalman filter
- 2.Iturralde D, Azurdia-Meza C, Krommenacker N, et al. A new location system for an underground mining environment using visible light communications. In: International symposium on communication systems, networks and digital signal processing. IEEE, Manchester, UK; 2014. p. 1165–9.Google Scholar
- 3.Yan K, Zhou H, Xiao H, et al. Current status of indoor positioning system based on visible light. In: International conference on control, automation and systems. IEEE, Busan, South Korea; 2015. p. 565–9.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang W, Kavehrad M. A 2-D indoor localization system based on visible light. Seattle, USA: IEEE Photonics Society Summer Topical Meeting Series; 2012. p. 80–1.Google Scholar
- 9.Ghassemlooy Z, Popoola W, Rajbhandari S. Optical wireless communications. Boca Raton: CRC Press, inc; 2012.Google Scholar
- 10.Eroglu YS, Guvenc I, Pala N, et al. AOA-based localization and tracking in multi-element VLC systems. In: Wireless and microwave technology conference. IEEE; 2015. p. 1–5.Google Scholar