Studies on the Influence of Welding Parameters in Cladding of ERNiCrMo-10 on AISI 4140 Using GMAW Process
Welding process parameters and the interaction between them show a major effect on the clad bead shape. This work focuses on an experimental study of clad bead shapes and analyzes the interaction between the welding process parameters by depositing ERNiCrMo-10 cladding on AISI 4140 steel by gas metal arc welding (GMAW) process. The experiment is performed with three factors and three levels, and mathematical models are developed using the response surface methodology (RSM), and the adequacy is checked using ANOVA. The model developed using RSM is analyzed using interaction surface plots.
KeywordsClad bead geometry ERNiCrMo-10 AISI 4140
- 1.ASM Handbook Welding, Brazing, and Soldering (1993) vol 6. ASM, USAGoogle Scholar
- 2.Kannan T, Murugan N (2006) Sensitivity analysis of flux cored arc cladding parameters using response surface methodology. Int J Manuf Sci Prod 7:3–4Google Scholar
- 4.Joseph GB, NarendraKumar G, Mageshwaran G, Jeevahan J, Sriram V, Durai Raj RB (2018) Optimisation of process parameters for electroless nickel plating on SS316L for refrigeration systems. Int J Ambient Energy. https://doi.org/10.1080/01430750.2018.1437564
- 5.Davies OL (1978) The design and analysis of industrial experi- ments. Longmen, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 8.Ghosh PK, Gupta PC, Goyal VK et al (1998) Stainless steel cladding of structural steel plate using the pulsed current GMAW process. Weld J 77(7):307-s–314-sGoogle Scholar