An Adaptive Model Parameters Prediction Mechanism for LCU-Level Rate Control
In this paper, an adaptive model parameters prediction mechanism is proposed to take the place of parameter updating method based on the experience value in HEVC. And, normalized mutual information is exploited to guide the model parameters of α and β prediction. Experimental results show that the proposed algorithm controls the rate error within 0.1%. Compared with HM16.9, it further improves average 0.03% bit rate accuracy. Meanwhile, the proposed algorithm yields average 1.10% BDBR reduction and 0.05 dB BDPSNR enhancement without introducing additional computation. And it demonstrates less bit rate fluctuation, which achieves better adaptability for HEVC in real-time transmission.
KeywordsHEVC Rate control Model parameters
This paper is supported by the Project for the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grants No. 61672064, the Beijing Natural Science Foundation under Grant No. 4172001, the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation under Grants No. 2016T90022, 2015M580029, the Science and Technology Project of Beijing Municipal Education Commission under Grants No. KZ201610005007, Beijing Municipal Education Committee Science Foundation under Grants No. KM201810005030, and Beijing Laboratory of Advanced Information Networks under Grants No. 040000546617002, Beijing Municipal Communications Commission Science and Technology Project under Grants No. 2017058.
- 1.Ramanand, A.A., Ahmad, I., Swaminathan, V.: A survey of rate control in HEVC and SHVC video encoding. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo Workshops (ICMEW), pp. 145–150 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Choi, H., Jand, N., Yoo, J.: Rate control based on unified RQ model for HEVC. JCT-VC of ITU-T and ISO/IEC, JCTVC-H0213. San Jose (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, B., Li, H., Li, L., et al.: Rate control by R-lambda model for HEVC. Jt. Collab. Team Video Coding (JCT-VC) of ITU-T SG, K0103 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Si, J., Ma, S., Gao, W.: Efficient bit allocation and CTU level rate control for high efficiency video coding. In: Picture Coding Symposium, pp. 89–92. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, B., Zhou, M., Zhang, Y., et al., Model parameters estimation for CTU level rate control in HEVC. IEEE Multimed. 1–1 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Stanford, Evaluation of clustering. https://nlp.stanford.edu/IR-book/html/htmledition/evaluation-of-clustering-1.html (2009)
- 11.Jin, Y.: The principle of visual machinery: a classic reciprocating motion mechanism. http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19rv29u8eh.html (2017)
- 12.Bjontegaard, G.: Calculation of average PSNR differences between RD-curves. Doc. VCEG-M33 ITU-T Q6/16, Austin, TX, USA, 2–4 April 2001 (2001)Google Scholar