Visual QR Code with Beautication and Self-recovery Based on Data Hiding
For the problem of beautification and self-recovery of visual QR (Quick Response) code, this paper proposes two schemes. The first scheme uses data hiding and beautified QR code for self-recovery. By decoding this visual QR code, we can not only access the relevant links embedded in it but also restore the original image. However, the QR code may be maliciously tampered with by the attacker during transmission (e.g., redirected to a phishing website). For tampering protection and recovery of the QR code, the QR code is bound with the background image. This increases the security level when user scans a QR code. Experimental results demonstrate that the proposed algorithm is superior to the reference method in terms of visual quality.
KeywordsVisual QR code Beautification Data hiding Self-recovery
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) (No. 61272432) and Shandong Provincial Natural Science Foundation (No. ZR2014JL044).
- 1.QR code standardization: http://www.denso-wave.com/qrcode/qrstandard-e.html
- 2.Kan, T.W., Teng, C.H., Chou, W.S.: Applying QR code in augmented reality applications. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Virtual Reality Continuum and its Applications in Industry, pp. 253–257 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Qu, D.C., Pan, J.S., Weng, S.W., Xu, S.Q.: A novel reversible data hiding method for color images based on dynamic payload partition and cross-channel correlation. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Signal Process. 7(6) (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Wakahara, T., Yamamoto, N., Ochi, H.: Image processing of dotted picture in the QR code of cellular phone. In: 2010 International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing, pp. 454–458 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Wakahara, T., Yamamoto, N.: Image processing of 2-dimensional barcodes. In: 14th International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems, pp. 484–490 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, S.J., Zhang, J., Pan, J.S., Weng, C.J.: A novel information embedding and recovering method for qr code based on module subdivision. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Signal Process. 9(2), 515–522 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, S., Yoshino, K.: DWT-based watermarking using QR code. Sci. J. Kanagawa Univ. 19, 3–6 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Chung, C.H., Chen, W.Y., Tu, C.M.: Image hidden technique using QR-barcode. In: International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 12–14 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, S.J., Zhang, J., Pan, J.S., Weng, C.J.: SVQR: A novel secure visual quick response code and its anti-counterfeiting solution. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Signal Process. 8(5), 1132–1140 (2017)Google Scholar