Performance Enhancement for VANET Security Using Attack-Resistant Trust (ART)
The significant research work in vehicular ad hoc networks (VANETs) has managed to change the way of traveling and transportation with help of wireless network, in order to improve the standards of intelligent transport system (ITS). There are several challenges in VANET technologies where QoS and security are key points. Many security-related challenges are posed by VANETs such as data reliability, non-repudiation, availability, privacy protection, access control, network overhead etc. So, in this paper, an attack-resistant trust (ART) scheme for VANET communication is used and compared it with baseline method. The proposed technique is capable of exhibiting superior performance with respect to the baseline method in terms of QoS metrics like throughput and communication overhead.
KeywordsMalicious Precision Security Trust Vehicular ad hoc network (VANET)
- 4.Monir MB, Aziz MHAE, Hamid AAA (2013) A trust-based message reporting scheme for vanet. Int J Emerg Technol Adv Eng 5:376–394 (Citeseer)Google Scholar
- 8.Raya M, Papadimitratos P, Gligor VD, Hubaux J-P (2008) On data-centric trust establishment in ephemeral ad hoc networks. In: INFOCOM 2008, the 27th conference on computer communications. IEEE, pp 1238–1246Google Scholar
- 9.Maheswari D, Sekar S, Manju Barkavi V, Kamalam GK (2017) Misbehavior detection in VANET using an attack resistant trust management scheme. Int J Adv Res Trends Eng Technol (IJARTET) 4(Special Issue 1)Google Scholar
- 10.Pophali M, Mohod S, Yengantiwar TS (2014) Trust based opportunistic routing protocol for VANET communication, TS. Int J Eng Comput Sci 3.8:7408–7414Google Scholar
- 12.La Vinh H, Cavalli AR (2014) Security attacks and solutions in vehicular ad hoc networks: a survey. Int J AdHoc Netw Syst (IJANS) 4Google Scholar