Design of Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Horn Antenna for Non-destructive Fruit Quality Monitoring
This paper presents an ultra-wideband pyramidal horn antenna for non-destructive fruit quality monitoring system. The proposed design simulation operates in the frequency range of 3.1–10.6 GHz. The antenna is supported by the rectangular waveguide feeder. The design is chosen based on the ability of the antenna to transmit and receive signal with wide bandwidth, high directivity and gain, and low Voltage Standing Wave Ratio. The antenna is designed and simulated by using Computer Simulation Technology Microwave Studio. The simulation result also validated by the experimental result. The simulation result shows that the proposed UWB pyramidal horn antenna exhibits small return loss with low VSWR as well as good radiation pattern in the frequency range of 3.1–10.6 GHz.
KeywordsUltra-wideband antenna Horn antenna Fruit quality Non-destructive
This work is supported by Universiti Malaysia Pahang Internal Grant of RDU1703236.
- 1.Karli, R., Ammor, H., Shubair, R.M., AlHajri, M.I., Alkurd, R., Hakam, A.: Miniature planar ultra-wide-band microstrip antenna for breast cancer detection. In: Microwave Symposium (MMS), 2016 16th Mediterranean. IEEE, pp. 1–4 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Karim, M.S.B.A., Abu Talip Yusof, N., Kitazawa, T.: Scattering analysis of rectangular cavity with input and output waveguides and its application to material characterization. In: 2017 IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), Kuala Lumpar, pp. 588–591 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Karim, M.S.B.A., Konishi, Y., Kitazawa, T.: Robustness analysis of simultaneous determination method of complex permittivity and permeability. In: 2014 International Conference on Numerical Electromagnetic Modeling and Optimization for RF, Microwave, and Terahertz Applications (NEMO), Pavia, pp. 1–4 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, J., et al.: Temperature-dependent dielectric and thermal properties of whey protein gel and mashed potato. Trans. Am. Soc. Agric. Biol. Eng. 56(6), 1457–1467 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Othman, M.A., Aziz, M.Z.A.A., Saysoo, N., Othman, A.R.: Development of ultra-wideband (UWB) horn antenna using approximation method. In: IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology and Applications (ISWTA), pp. 276–279 (2012)Google Scholar