Inter Vehicle Communication System for Collision Avoidance
In inter vehicle communication, there are many aspects that must be taken into considerations. The utmost important aspect is the speed of sending data packet, which is the key factor in preventing emergency message delay in traffic network. Other than that, the accuracy in reading and processing sensors’ data by microcontroller are essential in cases of collisions avoidance. The aim of this paper is to overcome the communication problems between vehicles located at intersection. In this paper, two conditions have been proposed: vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communication. Experiments have been conducted using prototype cars. The results show that the prototype cars are able to avoid collision through activation of communication system at certain section on the road.
KeywordsInter-vehicle communication system Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) Vehicle-to-infrastructure
This research is being sponsored by RDU1703222 Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
- 1.Smith, E.: Statistics on Intersection Accidents. https://www.autoaccident.com/statistics-on-intersection-accidents.html. Last Accessed 25 Sept 2018
- 2.Sin, A.L.Y.: Motorcyclists urged to be more vigilant on the roads. In: The Straits Times, Singapore (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Prasad, S.V.S., Kumar, D.A., Niharika, B.: Smart car collision avoidance system. IOSR J. Comput. Eng. (IOSR-JCE) 18, 01–03 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, L., Liu, N., Wang, J., Hu, J., Liang, F.: Design of an intelligent vehicle control system based on LabVIEW. Metall. Min. Ind. (7), 21–27 China (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Diane, D.I., Peters, L.: Development of a miniaturized autonomous vehicle: modification of a 1:18 scale Rc car for autonomous operation. In: Proceedings of the ASME 2015 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, Columbus, Ohio, USA (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.García, D.L.: Inter-Vehicular Communication Systems. http://www.mi.fu-berlin.de. Last accessed 25 Sept 2018
- 9.Wuthishuwong, C., Traechtler, A.: Vehicle to infrastructure based safe trajectory planning for autonomous intersection management. 2013 13th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications (ITST), Tampere, 175–180 (2013)Google Scholar