Theory of Photo-Thermal Effects for Plasmonic Nanocrystals and Assemblies
In this chapter we use various theories and equations to describe the photothermal properties of different plasmonic structures when being excited by an incident electromagnetic wave. These equations are based on Maxwell equations and the heat transfer equations. Although the solution to these equations are very challenging or impossible to obtain for most structures, this chapter provides an efficient first approximation that is suitable for many recurrent systems with various applications.
- 2.Bohren CFH (1983) Absorption and scattering of light by small particles. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Choy TC (1999) Effective medium theory: principles and applications. Oxford University Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 9.Palik ED (1985) Handbook of optical constants of solids. Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 10.Carslaw HS, Jaeger JC (1993) Conduction of heat in solids. Oxford University Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 13.Sau TK, Rogach AL (2012) Complex-shaped metal nanoparticles. Verlag & Co. KGaA, Weinheim, GermanyGoogle Scholar