MTI Programs: Employment Investigation
- 164 Downloads
From 2007 to 2018, the number of Chinese universities offering MTI professional degree has grown from 15 to 249. The employment status of MTI students and employers’ evaluation of MTI education are important indicators for evaluating MTI education results. The author conducted a survey of 205 universities offering MTI professional degree across China and collected 592 questionnaires from MTI teachers, 522 questionnaires from MTI graduates, and 107 questionnaires from the employers of MTI graduates. Through the collation and analysis of this survey data, a comprehensive analysis of the employment status of MTI graduates in China has been made, the existing problems in the employment of MTI have been identified, and suggestions for improving MTI education and employment have been recommended.
- China National Committee for Translation & Interpreting Education. (2011). The guidance of master of translation and interpreting program. [全国翻译专业学位研究生教育指导委员会. (2011). 翻译硕士专业学位研究生教育指导性培养方案].Google Scholar
- Common Sense Advisory. (2016). The language services market: 2016.Google Scholar
- Cui, Q. (2017). A survey report on China’s MTI education and employment. Beijing: University of International Business and Economics Press [崔启亮. (2017). 《全国翻译硕士专业学位研究生教育与就业调查报告》. 北京:对外经济贸易大学出版社].Google Scholar
- Xie, T. (2014). On the professionalization of translation. East Journal of Translation, (2), 4–9. [谢天振. (2014). 论翻译的职业化时代. 《东方翻译》, (2): 4–9].Google Scholar
- Zhong, W. (2017). Ten years of sail, going forward: Ten years’ review and outlook of the MTI education. Chinese Translators Journal, (3), 7–9. [仲伟合. (2017). 十年扬帆,蓄势远航:MT I 教育十年回顾与展望. 《中国翻译》, (3): 7–9].Google Scholar