Technical Writing as a Supplement
- 169 Downloads
The communication of technology is an important social activity, which has played a significant role in the area of language service industry. In order to help students get familiar with technical writing, the college of foreign languages and literatures of Fudan University has invited four technical writers from top 10 multinational companies to teach students how to write technical documents properly by citing examples and specific projects from the industry. Such professional training has proved to be a success since all students love the course and have more interest in translation industry. The rapid growth of service localization has resulted in inclusion of technical writing as a key component in a well-established professional’s translation competence.Therefore,it is necessary to incorporate technical writing courses into China’s translator-training system.
- Brian, J., & Geoffrey, S. K. (Eds.). (2003). Beyond the ivory tower: Rethinking translation pedagogy. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.Google Scholar
- Dyrenfruth, M. J. (1990). Technological literacy: Characteristics and competencies, revealed and detailed. In H. Szydlowski & R. Stryjski (Eds.), Technology and school: Report of the PATT conference (pp. 26–50). Zielona Gora: Pedagogical University Press.Google Scholar
- Li, M. (2017). Jishu chuanbo xingzhi kecheng de sheji yu shixian tansuo: yi tongji daxue shiyong yingyu xiezuoke weili (Design and practice of courses with TC features—Case study of practical english writing course at Tongji University). Shanghai Ligong Daxue Xuebao (Shehui Kexue Ban )(Journal of University of Shanghai for Science and Technology), 39(2), 101–107. [李梅. (2017). 技术传播性质课程的设计与实现探索——以同济大学实用英语写作课为例.《上海理工大学学报(社会科学版)》39(2), 101–107].Google Scholar
- Layton, D. (1994). A school subject in the making? The search for fundamentals. In D. Layton (Ed.), Innovations in science and technology education (Vol. 5). Paris: UNESCO Publishing.Google Scholar
- Li, S., & Cui, Q. (2018). Guonei jishu xiezuo fazhan xianzhuang diaocha jiqi dui MTIjiaoyu de qishi (Survey on the development of technical writing in China and its implications for MTI education). Waiyu Xuekan (Foreign Language Research), 201(2), 50–56. [李双燕,崔启亮.(2018).国内技术写作发展现状调查及其对MTI教育的启示.《外语学刊》201(2):50–56.]
- Miao, J., & Gao, Q. (2010). Goujian MTI jiaoyu tese kecheng:jishu xiezuo de linian yu neirong(). Zhongguo Fanyi (Chinese Translators Journal), (2), 35–38. [苗菊,高乾.(2010).构建MTI教育特色课程——技术写作的理念与内容.《中国翻译》 (2):35–38.]Google Scholar
- Report on Analyzing Language Service Marketing Research and Developing Trends during 2015—2022 in China [EB/OL]. [2017-05-22] http://www.cir.cn/R_QiTaHangYe/80/YuYanFuWuDeXianZhuangHeFaZhanQuShi.html.
- Wang, C., & Wang, D. (2011). Jishu xiezuo yu zhiye fanyi rencai peiyang (Technical writing and training of professional translators). Jiefangjun Waiguoyu Xueyuan Xuebao (Journal of PLA University of Foreign Languages). 34(2), 69–73. [王传英,王丹.(2011). 技术写作与职业翻译人才培养.《解放军外国语学院学报》 34(2): 69–73].Google Scholar