The 2010 Nationwide Measles Supplementary Immunization Activity (SIA): China’s Largest Vaccination Campaign Ever
- 133 Downloads
“MoH issued an action plan for a nationwide measles vaccine SIA!” This news made Dr. Xiaofeng Liang, China CDC NIP director, very excited, but then he felt the burden on his shoulders increase. Given that China is the world’s largest country, having a population of 1.3 billion people, it was not so easy to make a decision to conduct a nationwide SIA.
- 2.Jing-jin YU. Mission and strategy of current measles control in China. Chin J Vaccin Immun. 1998;4(2):116–9.Google Scholar
- 4.MOH: National Plan of Measles Elimination in China 2006–2012. 2006. http://www.mohgovcn/jkj/s3581/200804/361e2acfadcc4e93bcac60235d307a48s.html.
- 5.World Health Organization. Measles vaccines: WHO position paper. Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2009;84(35):349–60.Google Scholar
- 6.China Ministry of Health, National Development and Reform Commission, China Ministry of Education. National Action Guideline for Measles Elimination, 2010–2012. 7 July 2010.Google Scholar
- 7.Liang Xiaofeng, Luo Huiming, HaoLixin, et al. Manual for measles vaccine supplementary immunization activities. China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2010.Google Scholar
- 8.Wen-di W, Da-wei L, Ke-li L, et al. Analysis on the adverse event following immunization after supplementary immunization activity of measles contained vaccine in China, 2010. Chin J Vaccin Immun. 2012;18(5):402–7.Google Scholar
- 9.Chao MA, Li-xin HAO, Jing MA, et al. Measles epidemiology and progress in measles elimination in China, 2010. Chin J Vaccin Immun. 2011;17(3):242–8.Google Scholar
- 10.Chao M, Qi-ru S, Li-xin H, et al. Measles epidemiology characteristics and progress toward measles elimination in China, 2012–2013. Chin J Vaccin Immun. 2014;20(3):193–9.Google Scholar