A New Zealand Collaborative University–School Partnership: Applying the STEPS Framework
This chapter considers how the Interpretive Framework was applied to Waikato University’s Community University–School Partnership (CUSP) program, retrospectively. As a well-documented partnership program, the Interpretive Framework was applied to the aspects of the project to see how these aligned. As well as highlighting the synergies between the Interpretive Framework and the CUSP, there were a number of differences which arose and these are discussed as considerations of adding further complexity to the Interpretive Framework.
KeywordsSchool-university partnership Practicum Systems Leadership
- Cobb, D., & Harlow, A. (2017). Rethinking the Associate Teacher and pre-service teachers relationships: Powerful possibilities for co-learning partnerships. In R. McNae, & B. Cowie (Eds.), Realising Innovative Partnership in Educational Research. Theories and Methodologies for Collaboration (pp. 61–66). Sense Publishers.Google Scholar
- Cooper, B., & Grudnoff, L. (2017). Redesigning authentic collaborative practicum partnerships: Learnings from case studies from two New Zealand Universities. In M. Peters, B. Cowie, & I. Menter (Eds.), A companion to research in teacher education (pp. 223–236). Singapore: Springer.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Harlow, A., Cooper, B., & Cowie, B. (2014). Collaborative University School Partnerships Research Brief: Hamilton—The first-year practicum experience, 2013. (pp. 1–11). [Research brief]. http://www.waikato.ac.nz/wmier/researchprojects/collaborative-university-school-partnerships/_recache. (The University of Waikato).
- Harlow, A. with Short, C., Waititi, C., Maubach, C., Price, G., Cheesman, S., & Aitken, V. (2014). Collaborative University School Partnerships Research Brief: ARTS in CUSP—2013.Google Scholar
- Hobbs, L., Campbell, C., Chittleborough, G., Herbert, S., Jones, M., Redman, C., Kenny, Gilbert, A. (2015). Interpretive Framework. Available http://www.stepsproject.org.au.
- Hume, A., & Furness, J. (2017). A School-Researcher Partnership with Pragmatism at its Core. In R. McNae & B. Cowie (Eds.), Realising Innovative Partnerships in Educational Research. Educational Partnerships and Collaborations: SensePublishers, Rotterdam.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Education. (2007). The New Zealand curriculum. Wellington: Learning Media.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Education. (2009a). Reading and writing standards for years 1–8. Wellington: Learning Media.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Education. (2009b). Mathematics standards for years 1–8. Wellington: Learning Media.Google Scholar
- Patton, M. (2011). State of the art and practice of developmental evaluation answers to common and recurring questions. New York: The Guilford Press.Google Scholar