Understanding Complex Social Environments
The path that led to me becoming an auto-ethnographic researcher on the issue of prisoners with hearing loss was one that, fortunately, is rarely trodden.
- Academy of Audiology. (2008). Hearing loss by the numbers (1 in 10). Retrieved from: http://www.audiology.org/news/hearing-loss-numbers-1-10.
- Action on Hearing Loss, United Kingdom. (2010). Statistics. Retrieved from: http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/your-hearing/about-deafness-and-hearing-loss/statistics.aspx.
- Bowers, M. (1981). Hearing impairment in prisoners. Deafness Research Foundation, Dilworth Clinic, Remuera Road, Auckland.Google Scholar
- Corrections Victoria, Australia. (2018). http://www.corrections.vic.gov.au/home/prison/remand/.
- Fetterman, D. M. (2010). Ethnography step by step (3rd ed.). London, UK: Sage.Google Scholar
- Fine, M., Weis, L., Weseen, S., & Wong, L. (2000). For whom? Qualitative research, representations and social responsibilities. In Handbook of qualitative research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.Google Scholar
- Levin, K., Cashore, B., Bernstein, S., & Auld, G. (2012). Overcoming the tragedy of super wicked problems: constraining our future selves to ameliorate global climate change. Policy Sciences, 45(2), 123–152.Google Scholar
- Lynds, M. (2013). Department of Corrections Northern Region Programme Rotary Presentation, Newmarket Rotary, Auckland, New Zealand.Google Scholar
- McIntyre-Mills, J. (2008). User-centric policy design to address complex prologue xvi. Hauppauge: Nova Science Publishers Inc.Google Scholar
- McIntyre, J. (2002). Critical Systemic Praxis for Social and Environmental Justice: A Case Study of Management, Governance, and Policy. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 15(1), 3–35.Google Scholar
- Mertens, D.M., & Wilson, A.T. (2012). Program evaluation theory and practice. New York, NY: Guilford Press.Google Scholar
- Mertens, D. M. (2015). Mixed methods and wicked problems. Journal of Mixed Methods Research, 9(1), 3–6.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Health. (2005). Results from the prisoner health survey. Retrieved from: http://www.health.govt.nz.
- Ministry of Justice. (2013a). Restorative justice. Retrieved from: http://www.justice.govt.nz/policy/criminal-justice/restorative-justice.
- Ministry of Justice. (2013b). Utu. Retrieved from: http://www.justice.govt.nz/publications/publications-archived/2001/he-hinatore-ki-te-ao-maori-a-glimpse-into-the-maori-world/part-1-traditional-maori-concepts/utu.
- Rittel, W. H. J., & Webber, M. (1973). Dilemmas in a general theory of planning. Policy Sciences, 6(1), 76–84, 155–169.Google Scholar
- The Australian Senate. (2010). Community Affairs References Committee. Retrieved from: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Community_Affairs/Completed_inquiries/2008-10/hearing_health/report/index. ISBN 978-1-74229-208-3. © Commonwealth of Australia 2010
- Ulrich, W. (1996). A primer to critical systems heuristics for action researchers. South Humbersid, UK: University of Hull. Retrieved from: http://wulrich.com/downloads/ulrich_1996a.pdf
- Wadsworth, Y. (2010). Building in research and evaluation: Human inquiry for living systems. NSW, Australia: Allen & Unwin.Google Scholar
- Wilkinson, R., & Pickett, K. (2010). The spirit level, why equality is better for everyone (2nd Ed.). London: Penguin Books.Google Scholar
- Young, I. M. (1990). Justice and the politics of difference. Princeton University: Princeton Press.Google Scholar
© Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019