TU Framework in Automatic Formatting a Digital Library
Intelligent search in the digital libraries is very important. It is very important for efficient research to obtain relevant information quickly. In the paper, we propose methods for automatic processing of online resources for the institution library using scanned copies or/and pdf files to make MathML model and provide extended search capacity. The key idea is to use Thinking–Understanding framework to provide automatic document-type detection and processing using the thinking flow to combine different open-source engines like OCR and approaches like Word2vec.
KeywordsDigital publishing Library automation Digital mathematics library DML Lobachevskii DML Machine learning
This work was funded by the subsidy allocated to Kazan Federal University for the state assignment in the sphere of scientific activities (grant agreement No. 1.2368.2017) and with partial financial support of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research and the Government of the Republic of Tatarstan, within the framework of scientific project No. 15-07-08522 and 15-47-02472.
- 1.Lesk M (2005) Understanding digital library, 2nd edn. Elsevier Inc., New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Sylwestrzak W, Borbinha J, Bouche T, Nowinski A, Sojka P (2010) EuDML towards the European digital mathematics library. In: Sojka P (ed) Towards a digital mathematics library, pp. 11–26. Masaryk University Press, Paris. http://dml.cz/bitstream/handle/10338.dmlcz/702569/DML_003-2010-1_5.pdf
- 5.Bartoek M, Lhotk M, Rkosnk J, Sojka P, Rfy M (2008) The DML-CZ project: objectives and first steps. In: Borwein JM, Rocha EM, Rodrigues JF (eds) Communicating mathematics in the digital era, pp. 75–86. A K Peters, LtdGoogle Scholar
- 6.Toschev A, Talanov M (2015) Thinking lifecycle as an implementation of machine understanding in software maintenance automation domain smart innovation. Syst Techno 38:301–310Google Scholar
- 7.Wikipedia: Tesseract (2017). https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesseract
- 8.Scopus is a bibliographic database containing abstracts and citations for academic journal articles, https://www.scopus.com
- 9.Liu W, Cao Z, Jun W, Xiaoyi W (2016) Short text classification based on Wikipedia and Word2vec. In: 2016 2nd IEEE international conference on computer and communications, ICCC 2016-ProceedingsGoogle Scholar
- 10.Elizarov AM, Lipachev EK, Haidarov SM (2016) Automated processing service system of large collections of scientific documents. CEUR Workshop Proc 1752:58–64. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1752/paper10.pdf
- 11.Chen J, Chen H (2013) A structured information extraction algorithm for scientific papers based on feature rules learning (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Minsky M (2006) The art emotion machine. Simon and Schuster Paperbacks, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 13.Toschev A, Talanov M (2017) Thinking-understanding approach in spiking reasoning system. Technology and Applications, Agent and Multi-Agent SystemsGoogle Scholar