An Improved GPSR Routing Algorithm Based on Vehicle Trajectory Mining
The taxi GPS trace data has great potential value for the development of intelligent transportation. By analyzing the data, the social attributes of vehicles can be found, and the excavated information could play a guiding role in VANETs routing designing. In this paper, an improved GPSR Routing Algorithm based on Vehicle Trajectory Mining algorithm is proposed. The algorithm can effectively improve the routing performance by eliminating the unreliable forwarding node and improving the perimeter forwarding strategy in the GPSR algorithm by comparing the social attributes of these nodes. The simulation experiment shows that our algorithm can improve the packets delivery ratio and reduce the average end-to-end delay.
KeywordsVANET Trajectory mining GPSR algorithm Social attribute Simulation
The work is financially supported by the National Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61272485.
- 1.Feng, H., Xu, Y.: An empirical study on evolution of the connectivity for VANETs based on taxi GPS traces. Int. J. Distrib. Sens. Netw. 2016(3), 1–11 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Stanley, W., Katherine, F., Chen, Y. (Trans.): Social Network Analysis: Methods and Applications. China People’s Publishing House, pp. 131–138 (2011). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Karp, B., Kung, H.T.: GPSR: greedy perimeter stateless routing for wireless networks. In: International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 243–254. ACM (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Huang, W.J.: The Research and Improvement of GPSR Routing Protocol in Vehicular Ad Hoc Network. Chongqing Jiaotong University (2015). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Fan, S.J., Xie, S.W., Jiang, Y., Gao, P.: An improved geographic routing algorithm based on hole modeling. Chin. J. Sens. Actuators 25(11), 1556–1561 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Castro, P.S., Zhang, D., Chen, C., et al.: From taxi GPS traces to social and community dynamics: a survey. ACM Comput. Surv. 46(2), 1167–1182 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Clusters & Communities [EB/OL]. http://www.cfinder.org/. Accessed 20 Aug 2017
- 10.Desta, M.S.: Evaluating (Geo) content sharing with the ONE simulator. In: ACM International Symposium on Mobility Management and Wireless Access, pp. 37–40. ACM (2013)Google Scholar