An MCDM-Based Approach for Selecting the Best State for Tourism in India
In today’s era, there are many fastest growing industries in this world and Tourism is one of them. Tourism plays a crucial role in the economic growth and advance development of a Nation. India is one of the most well-liked tourist destinations in Asia. Tourism is one of the major sources of foreign exchange. It helps in the development of an international understanding of our culture and heritage. Every year thousands of foreigners come to India as a result of which we earn a lot of foreign exchange. Selection of best place for traveling is a decision-making problem based on a number of criteria that reflects the preferences of the traveler. In presented work, a Fuzzy-AHP and TOPSIS approach has been proposed to solve above discussed problem. In this work., Fuzzy-AHP approach helps to evaluate the weight of different criteria and TOPSIS method helps to recognize the most favourable tourist place (states) all over the India and ranks each state accordingly.
KeywordsTourism MCDM Fuzzy-AHP TOPSIS
- 1.Matheison, A., Wall, G.: Tourism: Economic, Physical and Social Impacts. Longman, New York (1982)Google Scholar
- 2.Chang, J.R., Chang, B.: The development of a tourism attraction model by using fuzzy theory. Math. Prob. Eng. pp. 1–10 (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.Avikal, S., Jain, R., Mishra, P.K.: A Kano model, AHP and M- TOPSIS method-based technique for disassembly line balancing problems under fuzzy environment. Appl. Soft Comput. pp. 519–525 (2014)Google Scholar
- 17.Terol, A.B., Parra, M.A., Fernández, V.C., Ibias, J.A.: Using TOPSIS for assessing the sustainability of government bond funds. Int. J. Manag. Sci. (2014)Google Scholar
- 18.Singh, S., Mundepi, V., Hatwal, D., Raturi, V., Chand, M., Rashmi, Sharma, S., Avikal, S.: Selection of best state for tourism in India by fuzzy approach. Adv. Comput. Comput. Sci. pp. 549–557 (2017)Google Scholar