Semi-analytical Methods for Higher Order Boundary Value Problems
This work considers the solution of higher order boundary value problems using Homotopy perturbation method (HPM) and modified Adomian decomposition method (MADM). HPM is applied without any transformation or calculation of Adomian polynomials. The differential equations are transformed into an infinite number of simple problems without necessarily using the perturbation techniques. Two numerical examples are solved to illustrate the method and the results are compared with the exact and MADM solutions. The accuracy, simplicity and rapid convergence of HPM in handling the boundary value problems reveals its advantage over MADM.
KeywordsBoundary value problems Exact solution Numerical solution MADM HPM Recursive relations
Authors are grateful to Covenant University for the financial support and the anonymous reviewers for their constructive comments.
- 1.S.O. Adesanya, E.S. Babadipe, S.A. Arekete, A new result on Adomian decomposition method for solving Bratu’s problem. Math. Theory Model. 3(2), 116–120 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.A.A. Opanuga, O.O. Agboola, H.I. Okagbue, Approximate solution of multipoint boundary value problems. J. Eng. Appl. Sci. 10(4), 85–89 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.A.A. Opanuga, J.A. Gbadeyan, S.A. Iyase, H.I. Okagbue, Effect of thermal radiation on the entropy generation of hydromagnetic flow through porous channel. Pac J. Sci. Technol. 17(2), 59–68 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.A.A. Opanuga, E.A. Owoloko, O.O. Agboola, H.I. Okagbue, Application of homotopy perturbation and modified Adomian decomposition methods for higher order boundary value problems, in Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2017 (WCE 2017). Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, 5–7 July 2017, London, U.K., pp. 130–134Google Scholar
- 5.A.A. Opanuga, H.I. Okagbue, E.A. Owoloko, O.O. Agboola, Modified Adomian decomposition method for thirteenth order boundary value problems. Gazi Univ. J. Sci. 30(4), 454–461 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.O.O. Agboola, A.A. Opanuga, J.A. Gbadeyan, Solution of third order ordinary differential equations using differential transform method. Glob. J. Pure Appl. Math. 11(4), 2511–2517 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.A.A. Opanuga, O.O. Agboola, H.I. Okagbue, G.J. Oghonyon, Solution of differential equations by three semi-analytical techniques. Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res. 10(18), 39168–39174 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.A.A. Opanuga, E.A. Owoloko, H.I. Okagbue, O.O. Agboola, Finite difference method and Laplace transform for boundary value problems, in Proceedings of The World Congress on Engineering 2017 (WCE 2017). Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, 5–7 July, 2017, London, U.K., pp. 65–69Google Scholar
- 14.A.J. Mohamad-Jawad, Solving second order non-linear boundary value problems by four numerical methods. Eng. Tech. J. 28(2), 12 (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.S.O. Edeki, G.O. Akinlabi, M.E. Adeosun, Analytical solutions of the Navier-Stokes model by He’s polynomials, in Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2016. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, 29 June–1 July, 2016, London, U.K., pp. 16–19Google Scholar
- 22.M.T. Darvishi, F. Khani, Application of He’s homotopy perturbation method to stiff systems of ordinary differential equations. Zeitschrift fuer Naturforschung 63(1–2), 19–23 (2008)Google Scholar