Wireless Mesh Networks: Real-Time Test-Bed
In this chapter, we discuss an implementation of WMNs. The implementation is based on the draft 4.0 for the IEEE802.11s, which is made available at the time of implementation. The general architecture of IEEE802.11s and major protocols are same as the previous draft. Though, some names and features have been slightly changed in the draft 4.0. Researchers had been using networks simulator to evaluate the performance of WMNs. However, we believe that simulation results might not reflect the true performance of a WMN. Different results had been observed between researches involving tests based on real implementation. Therefore, a test-bed had been set up according to the current IEEE 802.11s draft 4.0 to evaluate the performance of the WMN protocol.
- 1.M.S. Siddiqui, C.S. Hong, HRP: A Hybrid Routing Protocol for Wireless Mesh Network, JCCI 2007 (Phoenix Park, Korea 2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Madwifi: multiband atheros driver for wifi [Online] Available: http://madwifi-project.org
- 3.M. Singh, S.G. Lee, W.K. Tan, J.H. Lam, Impact of Wireless Mesh Networks in Real-time Test-bed Setup. Adv. Inf. Sci. Serv. Sci. (AISS) (Scopus Journal) 3(9), 25–33 (2011). ISSN No: 2233-9345Google Scholar
- 4.M. Segata, N. Facchi, L. Maccari, R.L. Cigno, RoRoute: Tools to experiment with routing protocols in WMNs, in 2018 14th Annual Conference on Wireless On-demand Network Systems and Services (WONS), Isola 2000, France (2018), pp. 91–94. https://doi.org/10.23919/wons.2018.8311668
- 5.N.M.A. Latiff, I. Ibrahim, S.K.S. Yusof, N.N.N.A. Malik, R. Arsat, A.S. Abdullah, Load distributed routing protocol for wireless mesh networks, in 2016 IEEE 3rd International Symposium on Telecommunication Technologies (ISTT), Kuala Lumpur (2016), pp. 41–46. https://doi.org/10.1109/istt.2016.7918082
- 6.R.G. Garroppo, S.Giordano, and L. Tavanti, Implementation frameworks for IEEE 802.11s systems. Proc. Comp. Commun. (Elsevier Journal) 33, 336–349 (2010)Google Scholar