Fog Computing: Overview, Architecture, Security Issues and Applications
There is a famous saying that goes “Necessity is the mother of invention”. In today’s globalized world people are getting stuck with many problems like data management, time management, and security and privacy concerns etc. There are traditional methods like cloud computing, cloudlet, and mobile management techniques to sort out the processing, storing, and executing of the data. But with the passage of time, the world is exploring new areas and these traditional methods are on the wane in terms of data handling. In this paper we discuss the technology that helps in data management, time management and security issues. We also addresses some real time scenarios.
KeywordsCloud computing IoT Fog computing Edge computing
- 1.Stojmenovic I et al (2016) An overview of fog computing and its security issues. Concurr Comput Pract Exp 28(10):2991–3005Google Scholar
- 2.Gia TN et al (2015) Fog computing in healthcare internet of things: a case study on ECG feature extraction. In: 2015 IEEE international conference on computer and information technology; ubiquitous computing and communications; dependable, autonomic and secure computing; pervasive intelligence and computing (CIT/IUCC/DASC/PICOM). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 3.Hassan MA et al (2015) Help your mobile applications with fog computing. 2015 12th annual IEEE international conference on sensing, communication, and networking-workshops (SECON Workshops). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 4.Mahmud R, Kotagiri R, Buyya R (2018) Fog computing: a taxonomy, survey and future directions. In: Internet of everything. Springer, Singapore, pp 103–130Google Scholar
- 5.Modi C et al (2013) A survey on security issues and solutions at different layers of cloud computing. J Supercomput 63(2):561–592Google Scholar