Efficient Water-Based Rust Inhibitor for Surface Treatment of Iron and Steel
In order to improve anti-rust effect on hot-rolled pickling plate for cars, a new nontoxic and efficient water-based rust inhibitor was developed. The optimal compositions of the rust inhibitor were determined through orthogonal test. In main rust inhibitor, the mass ratio of potassium zirconium fluoride, sebacic acid, boric acid, monoethanolamine, and triethanolamine was 5:5:1:16:8. 100 g concentrated solution contained 0.1 g sodium phosphate, 10 g urotropine, 10 g polyethylene glycol and polyvinyl alcohol as auxiliaries. The water-based rust inhibitor was nitrite-free, non-toxic, environmentally friendly and well-stable. The promoters and polymer film forming agents effectively enhanced corrosion resistance of anti-rust film. The 8% working solution of the water-based rust inhibitor had good rust resistance for hot-rolled steel plate under wet and hot conditions of RH > 0.95 and 50 °C.
KeywordsWater-based rust inhibitor Zirconium compound Hot-rolled steel plate Orthogonal design Environmental friendliness
- 1.Z.-M. Chen, P. Lu, Y.-L. Su, Preparation and performance evaluation of water-based rust inhibitor for iron and steel. J. Mater. Protect. 6, 58–59 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Li, S.-Z. Yi, J.-Q. Wu, Preparation of environmentally acceptable water-based rust inhibitor. J. Mater. Protect. 5, 31–33 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Z.-L. Li0, Study on aqueous antirusting agent of type of environmental protection. J. Hebei Chem. Eng. Ind. 7, 13–15 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.X.-L. Zhong, Z.–X. Yang, P.-K. Guo, Preparation and antirust performance of a nontoxic water-based rust inhibitor. J. Surface Technol. 3, 115–119 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.H.-Z. Jiang, D.-H. Tao, B. Wang, Study of relation between the molecular structures and the rust inhibiting properties on aqueous soluble organic acid salts. J. Lubricat. Eng. 2, 72–74 (2005)Google Scholar