Graphene Modified Epoxy Coating Tubing Applied in the Water Injection Wells
Epoxy coatings (EP coating) with or without 0.5% graphene were prepared on the N80 tubing in order to improve its corrosion resistance in the water injection well. The performance of ordinary epoxy coating and graphene modified epoxy coating was compared by thickness measurement, adhesion test, abrasion resistance test, impact resistance test, coating microstructure analysis, corrosion test in extreme corrosive injection water of one oilfield and electrochemical test. The results indicated that adding 0.5% graphene greatly improved the density, abrasion resistance, corrosion resistance and decreased the surface roughness of the ordinary epoxy coating, due to the small size effect, self-lubricating and hydrophobicity of the grapheme. Therefore, the graphene modified epoxy coating might be an effective way of solving the corrosion and scaling of tubing in the water injection well.
KeywordsWater injection well tubing coating Epoxy (EP) coating Graphene modified epoxy coating (G-EP) Microstructure Corrosion resistance
This work is sponsored by the Foundation Research and Strategic Reserve Technology Research Fund Project of China National Petroleum Corporation under Grant No. 2017Z-04.
- 1.F. Huang, J. Hu, W. Li, J. Xia, Corrosion of produced water in oilfield and prevention. Corros. Prot. Petrochemical Indus. 27(1), 44 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.J. Wang, Application of water injection tubing anticorrosion Technology in Qinghai Oilfield. Oil Field Equip., 44(9), 89–92 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.R. Li, Water injection string erosion mechanism and its control. 36(4), 64–66 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.F. Wu, W. Zhao, Z. Zeng, Improving the anticorrosion performance of epoxy resin coating by incorporation of modified graphene and graphene oxide, in 2014 Conference for Corrosion and Protection of Marine Materials, (2014), pp. 285–290Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Wang, The synthesis and application of polyaniline and graphene nanosheets in anti-corrosion coatings, Dissertation for the Master Degree in Engineering, 2012Google Scholar
- 6.G. Wu, Application of silicon powder in wear and high temperature resistant coatings on metal surface, Dissertation for the Master Degree in Engineering, 2015Google Scholar
- 7.Q. Wang, X. Wang, J. Fang, Application of graphene in epoxy zinc rich primer, paint and coatings industry, 46(12), 42–46 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.F. Huang, G. Zhang, Z. Liu, SY/T 6167-2008, Specification of internal coating for tubing and casing, National Development and Reform CommissionGoogle Scholar