The Influence of Homogenizing of 6351 Aluminum Alloy on the Heating Method of Extrusion
This paper studies the influence of different homogenizing process on the heating method of extrusion by means of metallographic microscope and eddy current conductivity meter. The results show that there are a large number of rich-Fe/Mn particles in 6351 alloy matrix by homogenizing in 560 °C. The rates of cooling after homogenizing have little effect on the long-time heating and heat-preservation heating before extrusion. The method of heating at a temperature higher than 500 °C before extrusion and then cooling in air is beneficial to the low-temperature and high-speed extrusion of 6351 alloy. If the total time of heating and extrusion is within 10 min, the samples which cool rapidly after homogenizing can be extruded at low-temperature and in a high-speed with the eddy-current heating.
Keywords6351 aluminum alloy The cooling speed of homogenizing Low-temperature High-speed extrusion
- 1.S.D. Liu, X.L. Chen, D.Z. Zhang, Y.L. Deng, X.M. Zhang, Effect of solution heat treatment temperature on microstructure and properties of 6082 aluminum alloy, The Chinese Journal of Nonferrous Metals. 25 (2015) 0582–0588.Google Scholar
- 2.J.C. Williams, E.A. Starke, Progress in structural materials for aerospace systems, Acta Materialia. 51 (2003) 5775–5799.Google Scholar
- 3.H.Y. Wang, Y.W. Hu, G.H. Tu, H.T. Wu, J.L. Zhang, Application of friction stir welding in the aluminum shipbuilding, Chinese Journal of Ship Research. 3 (2006) 62–65.Google Scholar
- 4.S.L. Li, Z.Q. Huang, W.P. Chen, Z.M. Liu, W.J. Qi, Quench sensitivity of 6351 aluminum alloy, Trans. Nonferrous Met. Soc. China. 23 (2013) 46–52.Google Scholar
- 5.L. Wen, M.J. Wang, M. Gao, G. Yang, X. Cheng, P. Ge, Investigation on quenching sensitivity of 6061 aluminum alloy, Transactions of Materials and Heat Treatment. 35 (2014) 94–97.Google Scholar