Accuracy Analysis of Spaceborne Heterologous Multi-view Stereo Positioning with SAR Image Substitute of CCD Image
Data source access conditions of traditional homologous CCD stereo are very harsh. With the greatly improvement of spaceborne SAR image resolution, in particular its all-time all-weather observation capability and height sensitive side-view feature, SAR has become an effective complement to optical remote sensing, thereby which greatly increase the possibility of stereo conformation. And heterologous stereo precision is expected to reach or exceed the homologous optical stereo. However, because its data source is not uniform and precision factors are multiple, a comprehensive error analysis law should be put forward to support if the heterologous stereoscopic would be put into application. But current studies could not present clear conclusion. In this article, first the equivalent relationship between SAR strict geometry model and the rational polynomial model (RPC) is derived. Through the whole link error propagation modeling, we simulate and evaluate the quantitative relationship between the positioning accuracy and influencing factors such as the source image angle, corresponding points matching accuracy. Then the theoretical accuracy and superiority achieved by heterogeneous stereoscopic can be analyzed. In-orbit data tests are conducted to fully verify our theory correctness, and the error rules under different data combinations are detailed analyzed, which will provide a reliable basis for the heterologous practical applications.
KeywordsHeterologous multi-view Stereo positioning Rational polynomial model (RPC) Error propagation
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 61501036) and the Opening Fund of Key Laboratory of Space Utilization, Chinese Academy of Sciences (LSU-2016-06-01).
- 1.Zhang Y, Zhang J (2003) Orientation of remote sensing image pairs from different orbits. Geomatics Inf Sci Wuhan Univ 28(5):521–524Google Scholar
- 2.Ding H, Yao A (2012) DEM generation and analysis using IKONOS stereo pairs. Sci Surveying Mapp 37(1):179–181Google Scholar
- 3.Dai J, Song W, Li J (2013) Stereoscopic positioning with multi-source optical high resolution satellite images. Sci Surveying Mapp 38(3):14–16Google Scholar
- 5.Li Y, Wu H, Chang X (2016) Research on stereo positioning with CCD and SAR multi-view image. Sci Surveying Mapp 41(11):137–141Google Scholar
- 9.Xing Shuai Xu, Qing He Yu (2009) Combined Stereo location among multi-sensor remote sensing images. Geomatics Inf Sci Wuhan Univ 34(5):522–526Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang G, Qin X (2013) Spaceborne SAR and InSAR data processing technology based on RPC model. SinoMaps, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 12.You H, Ding C, Fu K (2007) SAR image localization using rigorus SAR Collinearity equation model. ACTA Geodaetica et Cartographics Sinica 36(2):158–162Google Scholar
- 13.Qin X, Zhang G, Li L (2006) The algorithm of computing RPC model’s parameters for SAR image. J Chengdu Univ Technol (Science & Technology Edition) 33(4): 349–355Google Scholar