A Novel Steganographic Scheme Using Weighted Matrix in Transform Domain
In this paper a weighted matrix based steganographic scheme has been developed based on Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT). First, \((8 \times 8)\) quantized DCT coefficient blocks are obtained from the cover image. Instead of hiding the data directory to the quantized DCT coefficient blocks, a different approach has been taken here. The AC coefficients, except 0 coefficients, are used to form a series of \(3 \times 3\) temporary matrices. Then, each four bits secret data is converted into an integer value. An user defined weighted matrix is used to select the position in the temporary matrix where the data will be embedded. The integer value is then embedded into that particular position of the selected temporary matrix. The proposed method is tested using different steganographic attacks like RS analysis and NCC to show that the scheme is undetectable under these analysis and more robust that other schemes. This scheme provides good embedding capacity with high visual quality of stego images.
KeywordsSteganography Weighted matrix Quantized DCT coefficient PSNR NCC
- 2.Lin, C.C., Shiu, P.F.: High capacity data hiding scheme for DCT-based images. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Signal Process. 1(3), 220–240 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.UCID Image Database, Nottingham Trent University, UK. http://jasoncantarella.com/downloads/ucid.v2.tar.gz
- 6.Rahman, M.M., et al.: A semi blind watermarking technique for copyright protection of image based on DCT and SVD domain. Global J. Res. Eng. (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.University of Southern California: The USC-SIPI Image Database. http://sipi.usc.edu/database/database.php
- 11.Weng, C.-Y., Huang, C.-T., Kao, H.-W.: DCT-based compressed image with reversibility using modified quantization. In: Pan, J.-S., Tsai, P.-W., Watada, J., Jain, L.C. (eds.) IIH-MSP 2017. SIST, vol. 81, pp. 214–221. Springer, Cham (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-63856-0_27CrossRefGoogle Scholar