Timing Constraints-Based High-Performance DES Design and Implementation on 28-nm FPGA
In this work, we are going to implement DES algorithm on 28-nm Artix-7 FPGA. To achieve high-performance design goal, we are using minimum period, maximum frequency, minimum low pulse, minimum high pulse for different cases of worst-case slack, maximum delay, setup time, hold time, and data skew path. The cases on which analysis is done are like worst-case slack, best-case achievable, timing error, and timing score, which help in differentiating the amount of timing constraint at two different frequencies. We analyzed that in timing analysis, there is maximum of 19.56% of variation in worst-case slack, 0.29% change for best-case achievable, 41.17% change in timing error, and 64.12% change in timing score for two different frequencies. From this work, we also notified the delays during various signals; accordingly, we have designed our own algorithm with strong security encryption.
KeywordsTiming constraints DES algorithm 28-nm FPGA Pin-out report Mapping report Minimum period Maximum performance Static timing analysis
- 1.Taherkhani, S., Enver, E., Gemikonakli, O.: Implementation of non-pipelined and pipelined data encryption standard (des) using xilinx virtex-6 fpga technology. In: 2010 IEEE 10th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT). IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Matsui, M.: The first experimental cryptanalysis of the Data Encryption Standard. Advances in Cryptology—Crypto’94. Springer Berlin Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Ghnaim, W.A.-E.: Known-ciphertext cryptanalysis approach for the Data Encryption Standard technique. In: 2010 International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications (CISIM) (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Kumar, T., et al.: CTHS based energy efficient thermal aware image ALU design on FPGA. Wirel. Pers. Commun. Int. J. 83(1) (2015). ISSN: 0929-6212 (print), 1572-834X (electronic)Google Scholar
- 8.Arich, T., Eleuldj, M.: Hardware implementations of the data encryption standard. In: The 14th International Conference on 2002-ICM, Microelectronics. IEEE (2002)Google Scholar