GPS Based Autonomous Ground Vehicle for Agricultural Utility
Farming is a tedious job when carried out manually. With the advent of technology, various researches are done in this field. The innovative idea is to automate the process of seed sowing, to reduce the human labour and to increase the speed with consistent quality. The unmanned mobile robots are employed to serve this purpose. The location of the Autonomous Ground Vehicle in a vast area can be tracked with the help of GPS, and its position can be monitored through a remote device. A prototype has been designed for precise seed sowing process. The inter-seed distance is maintained by the use of servomotor. The vehicle is controlled by ATMEGA328 microcontroller. The direction of the path to be followed is deduced by using a compass module. Speed and accuracy have been the areas of concern while designing the system.
KeywordsGPS Autonomous Ground Vehicle Compass module
This work was supported by Electronics Sector Skills Council of India sponsored Centre of Excellence in VLSI and Embedded System Design, Sri Krishna College of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
- 1.Delmerico J, Mueggler E, Nitsch J, Scaramuzza D (2017) Active autonomous aerial exploration for ground robot path planning. IEEE Rob Autom Lett 2(2), April 2017Google Scholar
- 2.Velasquez LC, Argueta J, Mazariegos K (2016) Implementation of a low cost aerial vehicle for crop analysis in emerging countries. IEEE Glob Humanitarian Technol ConfGoogle Scholar
- 3.Ko MH, Ryuh BS, Kim KC, Suprem A, Mahalik NP (2015) Autonomous greenhouse mobile robot driving strategies from system integration perspective: review and application. IEEE/ASME Transac Mechatron 20(4), Aug 2015Google Scholar
- 4.Naik NS, Shete VV, Danve SR (2017) Precision agriculture robot for seeding function. In: IEEE International conference on inventive computation technologies (ICICT), Vol 3, Jan 2017Google Scholar
- 5.Anupama J, Kavitha A, Harsha S, Karthick M (2014) Design and development of autonomous ground vehicle for wild life monitoring 2(5), May 2014Google Scholar
- 6.Sezer V, Dikilita C, Ercan Z, Heceoglu H, Bner A, Apak A, Gokasan M, Mugan A (2012) Conversion of a conventional electric automobile into an unmanned ground vehicle (UGV). In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on mechatronics, 13–15 AprilGoogle Scholar
- 7.Lim JH, Song SH, Son JR, Kuc TY, Park HS, Kim HS (2010) An automated test method for robot platform and its components. Int J Softw Eng Appl 4(3)Google Scholar