Cissampelini Methiodidum is a methiodide of the Yahonglong alkaloid, extracted from Yahonglong. Cissampelini Methiodidum is a muscle relaxant with exact curative effect successfully developed in China. However, Cissampelini Methiodidum has poor water solubility. Therefore, it is necessary to explore the analogue of Cissampelini Methiodidum with water solubility and strong effect of muscle relaxation. In the long history of morphine R&D, there are many analogues of Cissampelini Methiodidum found and observed to be satisfactory muscle relaxation effects in a clinical trial. Due to its side effects such as respiratory depression, affecting the mitosis of mammalian cell and chromosomal division, and the discovery of more effective and safer alternative drugs, the clinical use of Cissampelini Methiodidum gradually decreased. However, Cissampelini Methiodidum is one of the important landmarks in the muscular relaxant research area in China, which provides a good example for exploring drugs from traditional herbs.
KeywordsCissampelini Methiodidum Alkaloid Muscle relaxant
- 1.Zhong LJ. Regard of the structure of Daijisong. J Chemother. 1980;38(6):567–72.Google Scholar
- 2.Jean-Michel L, Jean G, Stephane M, et al. Crystal structure of Daijisong. Anal Sci. 2004;20:105–6.Google Scholar
- 3.Ming Y. The injection of Daijisong. J Chin Pharm Ind. 1976;4.Google Scholar
- 7.Yinghe Y. A review of domestic new drugs in 1980~1981. Chin Pharm J. 1982;17(7):419–25.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhiqing C. A research overview of muscular relaxant from Chinese herbal medicine. Henan Tradit Chin Med. 1977;4:75–9.Google Scholar
- 9.Zhijun H, Xu W. Effects of d-tubocurarine on the mitosis of V79 cells and mouse bone marrow cells. Cancerous Distortion: Mutat. 2000;12(1):8–11.Google Scholar