Research on GIS Database Construction and Application for UGV in the Campus Traffic Environment
As the research hotspot of intelligent transportation system (ITS), unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) with high intelligence is able to reduce the probability of traffic accidents and traffic congestion, and improve the efficiency of urban transportation system. Environmental perception is one of the key research topics in the research of key technologies of UGV. The campus transportation environment, as a simple version of the urban transportation environment, needs to perceive as much traffic information as the urban traffic environment. At the same time, the geographic information system (GIS) has capabilities of strong geographical information storage and management, which can play a critical role in the environmental perception of UGV. In this paper, we study the autonomous driving of unmanned ground vehicle in the campus traffic environment, and the construction method of GIS database is proposed for the perception demand of UGV in the traffic environment of campus. Then, according to the GIS database, autonomous navigation control of UGV is carried out to verify its applicability and effectiveness. After testing, the GIS database proposed in this paper can assist the autonomous driving of UGV well and complete the driving tasks in the campus environment.
KeywordsGeographic information system (GIS) Unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) Navigation
The authors gratefully acknowledge the support from “Key Research Project of Safety Assurance Technology of Urban Rail System” under China National “13th Five-Year Plan” (Grant No. 2016YFB1200402-002).
- 1.Yang Q, Wang M, Kwan MP et al (2015) A novel GIS platform for UGV application in the unknown environment. In: International conference on geoinformatics IEEE, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 3.Pan YH (2016) Research on unmanned ground vehicle routing based on. Beijing Institute of Technology (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.He Y (2015) Research on GPS navigation method based on high fine map. Shanghai Jiaotong University (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang XP (2015) Construction and application of GIS database for unmanned vehicles in urban traffic environment. Beijing Institute of Technology (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Fang YJ, Zhou TT, Fang Y (2012) Research on the method of unmanned vehicle location based on GIS and environment perception. Autom Instrum 5:1–4 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Bo BH (2009) An example of geographic information system development based on MapX technology. Tsinghua University Press (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu J Research on path planning technology of small unmanned ground maneuvering platform. Beijing Institute of Technology (in Chinese)Google Scholar