The LCL Filtering Scheme of High Power Four-Quadrant Converter Used in Urban Rail Transit
The regenerative braking energy of the train can be fed back to the medium voltage AC grid by using the high power four-quadrant converter, which has a good energy saving effect. But the traditional single-inductor filter is very large in size. In order to suppress the current harmonics, and reduce the volume and cost of the filter, the LCL filtering scheme of the large power four-quadrant converter for rail transit is introduced in this paper. The design method of LCL filter parameters is presented, and the damping control methods are studied. The filtering effect and stability of the proposed filter are verified by simulation.
KeywordsLCL filter Passive damping Active damping
This research was supported by National Key R&D Program of China 2017YFB1200800 and the Beijing Science and Technology Commission project Z171100002117011.
- 1.Liserre M, Dell’Aquila, Blaabjerg B (2002) Stability improvements of an LCL-filter based three-phase active rectifier: 2002 IEEE 33rd Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference. Proceedings (Cat. No.02CH37289)Google Scholar
- 2.Liserre M, Blaabjerg F, Hansen H (2004) Design and control of an LCL-filter-based three-phase active rectifier. IEEE T IND APPL 41(5):1281–1291Google Scholar
- 3.Freijedo FD, Rodriguez-Diaz E, Golsorkhi G, et al (2017) A Root-locus design methodology derived from the impedance/admittance stability formulation and its application for lcl grid-connected converters in wind turbines. IEEE T Power Electr 32(10):8218–8228Google Scholar
- 4.Xin Z, Wang X, Loh PC, et al (2017) Grid-current-feedback control for LCL-filtered grid converters with enhanced stability. IEEE T Power Electr 32(4):3216–3228Google Scholar
- 5.Wu W, Liu Y, He Y, et al (2017) Damping Methods for resonances caused by LCL-filter-based current-controlled grid-tied power inverters: an overview. In Transactions on Industrial Electronics, IEEE, p 1Google Scholar
- 6.Huang Q, Rajashekara K (2017) Virtual RLC active damping for grid-connected inverters with LCL filters. In Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), IEEE, pp 424–429Google Scholar
- 7.Wang X, Bao C, Ruan X, et al (2014) Design considerations of digitally controlled LCL-filtered inverter with capacitor-current-feedback active damping. IEEE J Emerg Sel Top Power Electr 2(4):972–984Google Scholar
- 8.Saïd-Romdhane MB, Naouar MW, Slama-Belkhodja I, et al (2017) Robust active damping methods for LCL filter-based grid-connected converters. IEEE T Power Electr 32(9):6739–6750Google Scholar
- 9.Sanatkar-Chayjani M, Monfared M (2016) Stability analysis and robust design of LCL with multituned traps filter for grid-connected converters. IEEE T Ind Electron 63(11):6823–6834Google Scholar