Comparison of Harmonics Between SVPWM and SHEPWM
The traction system of rail transit has the characteristics of low switching frequency and wide speed range, and generally adopts “asynchronous modulation + synchronous modulation + square wave” full-speed range pulse width modulation strategy. In order to realize the smooth transition from asynchronous modulation to square wave modulation, many excellent modulation methods have been developed in the past 30 years. This paper focusses on researching the space vector pulse width modulation and the specific harmonic elimination pulse width modulation. The principle of the two methods and its harmonic calculation methods are introduced, two methods have different advantages, people should choose their own modulation as needs. Simulation proves the feasibility of the modulation strategy.
KeywordsRail transit Space vector pulse width modulation Specific harmonic elimination
This work was supported by National Key R&D plan under Grant 2016YFB1200502-4 and 2017YFB1200802, Beijing Science and School level project 2016RC038.
- 1.Chenchen W, Minglei Z, Xiaojie Y (2012) Research on the PWM Method of high-power ac electric locomotive. Trans China Electrotech Soc 27(2):173–178 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Narayanan G, Ranganathan VT (1999) Synchronised PWM strategies based on space vector approach. Part 1: Principles of waveform generation. IEEE Proc Power Appl 146(3):267–275Google Scholar
- 4.Minglei Z, Qiang L, Xiaojie Y, Chenchen W, Jian W (2014) Research on SHEPWM-based switching strategy of multi-mode modulation. J China Railw Soc 34–39 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Holmes DG, Lipo TA (2010) Pulse width modulation for power converters: principles and practice. Post & Telecom PressGoogle Scholar
- 6.Dong K, Liu Z (2015) Research on key control techniques and performance optimization of traction drive system for EMUs. Bei Jing Jiaotong University, U266-533/65 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Chen Y, Tong Y, Jin X (2007) A novel algorithm of SVPWM harmonic analysis based on PWM rectifier. Proc Chinese Soc Electr Eng 27(13):76–80 (in Chinese)Google Scholar