Auxiliary Inverter of Urban Rail Train—Oscillation Suppression Method of Induction Motor Load
Suppressing the induction motor load oscillation of auxiliary converter in urban rail train is very important to ensure the quality of train power supply and the operation stability. Firstly, this paper analyzes the energy state of the auxiliary converter. Then, according to the mechanical characteristic curve of the induction motor, the unstable operating area of the motor is discussed. After that, a method based on the inverter output frequency compensation by detecting DC side voltage is proposed, resulting in controlling the energy state and suppress induction motor load oscillation. Finally, the effectiveness and practicability of the method are full verified by simulation and experiments.
KeywordsInduction motor load Energy state Voltage detection Frequency compensation Suppression oscillation
This work was supported by the China National Science and Technology Support Program under Grant 2016YFB1200504-C-01, Beijing Science and Technology Major Project under Grant Z171100002117011.
- 1.Gong A (2012) Research on voltage control method of electrical locomotive auxiliary inverter. Beijing Jiaotong University. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Li H, Yang T, Sun C (2003) The low frequency oscillation analysis in the induction motor system fed by an inverter. In: Electrical machines and systems, sixth international conference on ICEMS 2003, vol 2, IEEE, pp 577–580Google Scholar
- 3.Brando G, Rizzo R (2004) An optimized algorithm for torque oscillation reduction in DTC-induction motor drives using 3-level NPC inverter. In: Industrial electronics, IEEE international symposium on, vol 2, IEEE, pp 1215–1220Google Scholar
- 4.Islam S, Bakhsh FI, Ahmad S, Iqbal A (2012) Simplified stability analysis of a three-phase induction motor drive system 57(1):1–6Google Scholar
- 5.Chen H, Bai H, Zhang YW, Shi YH (2010) Stability and damping performance analysis of induction motor. In: International conference on advances in power system control, operation and management, IET pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 8.Kang S, Luo Y, You J, Lv S (2011) The input characteristic and stability analyse of inverter with induction motor. In: IEEE international conference on information and automation, IEEE, pp 568–571Google Scholar