Research on Thermal Management System of Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Based on Water Cooling System
This paper analyzes the heat generation mechanism of lithium iron phosphate battery. The simulation and analysis of the battery thermal management system using water cooling is carried out. A cooling plate model in the thermal management system of water cooled battery was established. According to the simulation results of the cooling plate, Designed and developed a water cooled battery thermal management system. The experimental results show that the water cooling system has a better cooling effect, which can reduce the temperature gradient inside the battery box. All batteries are working in a stable environment, which is conducive to maintaining the consistency of the battery pack.
KeywordsLithium iron phosphate battery Battery thermal management Temperature Simulation
This study is sponsored by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (2016YFB0101800), National Science Foundation program of China (51677183), Science and Technology Program of SGCC (Operation Safety and Interconnection Technology for Electric Infrastructure).
- 1.Wei C, Zheng L, Cai X, Wei X (2016) Variable step-size control method of large capacity battery energy storage system based on the life model. Trans China Electrotechnical Soc 31(14):58–66. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhaobin D, Zeng C, Lin G, Yunhua X, Ping H, Yaopeng H (2015) Energy-storage battery optimal configuration of mobile power source for power supply ensuring of users. Trans China Electrotechnical Soc 30(24):215–221. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Ze C, Mengnan D, Tiankai Y, Lijie H (2014) Extraction of solar cell model parameters based on self-adaptive chaos particle swarm optimization algorithm. Trans China Electrotechnical Soc 29(9):245–252. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Cao S, Song C, Lin X, Xia Y (2014) Study of PCS’s control strategy for battery energy storage grid-connected system. Power Syst Protection Control V42(24):93–98. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Sang B, Tao Y, Zheng G, Hu J, Yu B (2014) Research on topology and control strategy of the super-capacitor and battery hybrid energy storage. Power Syst Protection Control V42(2):1–6. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang W, Xue J, Ye J et al (2014) An optimization control design of battery energy storage based on SOC for leveling off the PV power fluctuation. Power Syst Protection Control V42(2):75–80. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Cheng L, Ke C, Fengchun S (2009) Research on thermo-physical properties identification and thermal analysis of EV Lithium-ion battery. In: Vehicle power and propulsion conference, VPPC’09, IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 10.Battery test manual for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. U.S. Department of Energy, Idaho National Laboratory, pp 5–9Google Scholar