A Framework for Integrating Portfolios, Programs and Projects: The ‘3P Cube’
Part of the Management for Professionals book series (MANAGPROF)
A very useful way to view and understand portfolios, programs and projects (3P) and the difference between governance and management is through a multi-dimensional model termed the ‘3P Cube’.
- Capterra. (2016). Project Portfolio Management Software [Online]. Available: http://www.capterra.com/project-portfolio-management-software/ [Accessed].
- OGC. (2004). Governance in the programme and project landscape [Online]. Available: http://www.ogc.gov.uk/delivery_lifecycle_governance.asp [Accessed].
- OGC. (2008a). PRINCE2 [Online]. Office of Government Commerce. Available: http://www.ogc.gov.uk/methods_prince_2.asp [Accessed].
- OGC. (2008b). Programmes and projects [Online]. London: Office of Government Commerce. Available: http://www.ogc.gov.uk/programmes_and_projects.asp [Accessed].
- Project Management Institute. (2006). The standard for portfolio management. Newtown Square: Project Management Institute.Google Scholar
- Project Management Institute. (2013). A guide to the project management body of knowledge. Newtown Square: Project Management Institute.Google Scholar
- PWC. (2012). Insights and trends: Current programme and project management practices. Connectedthinking. Google Scholar
- Wideman, R. M. (2008). Wideman comparative glossary of project management terms v3.1 [Online]. Available: http://www.maxwideman.com/pmglossary/PMG_M02.htm#Methodology [Accessed].
© Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018