It’s Time to Change the Project Model
“The problem”, said the CFO of a large financial services organisation, “is that we’re spending a billion dollars a year on projects and I don’t know if we’re getting value for money”. This was something I had heard many times before. He continued, “and I’m not even sure we’re spending it on the right projects”.
- Framework, D. (2017). The Disciplined Agile (DA) framework [Online]. Available: http://www.disciplinedagiledelivery.com/ [Accessed].
- Gartner Inc. (2012). Why IT projects fail in government. Stamford: Gartner Inc.Google Scholar
- Hope, J. F., & Fraser, R. (2003). Beyond budgeting: How you can break free from the annual performance trap. HBS: Boston.Google Scholar
- KPMG International. (2017). KPMG’s International 2017 project management survey. Sydney: KPMG.Google Scholar
- PricewaterhouseCoopers. (2004). Boosting business performance through programme and project management. Woluwedal: Pricewaterhouse Coopers.Google Scholar
- Project Management Institute. (2013). Organizational project management maturity model. Newtown Square: PMI.Google Scholar
- Project Management Institute. (2014). A guide to the program management body of knowledge. Newtown: PMI.Google Scholar
- Project Management Institute. (2016). Pulse of the profession. Newtown Square: PMI.Google Scholar
- PWC. (2012). Insights and trends: Current programme and project management practices. Connectedthinking. Google Scholar
- Software, R. (2016). Scaled Agile Framework V4.0 (SAFe) [Online]. Available: http://www.scaledagileframework.com/ [Accessed].