Public Outreach and Education Activities of Solar Mission Hinode in Japan
Solar mission Hinode has been promoting education and public outreach (EPO) in various ways since its launch in 2006. The EPO activities have included information release via their web page and the press, open house at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan and Institute of Space and Astronautical Science at Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, development of digital contents for education in collaboration with astronomy educators in public observatories and planetariums, lectures to the public, and release of teaching materials. This article reflects on the Hinode EPO activities in the last 10 years and introduces specific activities in Japan.
KeywordsHinode Public outreach Education Collaboration Communication
- Shimojo, S.: Astronomical Public Relations Activity promoted by Hinode. Sokendai Journal. 16, 23–27 (2009)Google Scholar
- Tokimasa, N.: What role do public observatories play? Sokendai Journal. 16, 26–27 (2009)Google Scholar
- PAONET.: Working Group for Public Use of Hinode Data: The Sun Captured by Hinode (2008)Google Scholar
- PAONET.: Working Group for Public Use of Hinode Data: Approaching the Solar Mystery (2009)Google Scholar
- Yaji, K., Tonooka, H., Inoue, N.: Public Outreach and Education Activity of Hinode. Astronon. Her. 109, 642–646 (2016)Google Scholar